Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bike stolen out of garage

Old 07-21-2007, 05:28 PM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike stolen out of garage

So I'm out riding today, decide to take the route that goes by a buddy's house, and I see him out mowin the yard. Stop to talk, and it turns out a few weeks ago somebody broke into the garage at his house and stole his 2005 CBR 1000RR. The good news is that he somehow got it back, but I'm not really sure how. He wouldn'treally tell me, but I can assume he found out who stole it and got it back on his own. Sucks because he lives less than a mile away from me and my bike sleeps outside cuz I have an apartment.

I've got a disc lock on it with the alarm and it always sits covered outside... now I'm just nervous that somebody's gonna steal it. I also have comprehensive insurance so I'm covered if it does get stolen, but I like it so damn much I'd just hate for it to be gone.

I guess I just wanted to remind everybody that your stuff is never safe from somebody who really wants it.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bike stolen out of garage

exactly, but the garage is the safest place it can be. remember gone in 60 seconds?

Old 07-21-2007, 06:35 PM

Wow, I thought it was you for a minute, but glad your friend found out who took it and got it back.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:45 PM

man thats really disheartening when someone not only takes something thats yours, but comes inside your personal space, inside your home, to do it. those type of people are disgusting, they'll do anything but actually work to get something they want. worthless..

Old 07-22-2007, 07:24 AM

It's probably naive of me to say this, but I think I'm pretty safe because I have a sherriff's deputy that lives across the street. He always leaves his patrol car parked outside.
Some people are just bastards. Anyone who would steal something as personal as a motorcycle deserves to be castrated with a dull butter knife. At least your friend got his ride back. So many of them end up in pieces on eBay or Craigslist.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:57 AM

Id have to say is that if you keep your bike outside buy some heavy duty log chain the thickest chain you can find at lets say Lowes but buy enough to wrap through the front and rear rim so its going to need to be aroung 15 feet. then buy a heavy duty Master lock. Should only cost around $50 dollars for some extra piece of mind. Now if there is a light pole or something you could attach it to that would be even better.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:49 PM

I'm sorry to hear you have scumbags around you like that. Jesum, we work hard for our stuff.

I live in the country. At my old house, about 8 years ago, while we were gone for the overnight, someone tried to come through a back garage window. Mr. Robber, meet Mr. really big fawkin dog with a very bad temper. Hahaha.

We got home the next morning at I was wondering why he had blood on his face, and there was a torn up part of somebody's shirt collar on the garage floor just underneath the window.

I still live in the country, and when we go away, I just plug in the USB camera's and start recording. Plus I can check them remotely. I recently installed security lights. I made sure when we moved that the garage was fully protected. Even I couldn't get in when I left my keys inside one day. I had to wait for the wife to get home.

If they get past the malimute in the garage (who doesn't even like friends), then they have to contend with the one in the house. My mastiff hates everyone except for us (like family and in-laws, few friends).

I know the trick where they try to feed them first. If one of the family hasn't given it to either one of them, they won't take it. Had the dogs since pups, and trained them the way I wanted.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

Wow, I thought it was you for a minute, but glad your friend found out who took it and got it back.
Yeah, no ****e...I thought it was your bike for a second as well, Veeps. Sounds like you have gotten yourself a good case of paranoia. You can only do what you can do to keep your bike as safe as possible.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:49 PM

need to change laws. igotta make the criminals think twice and the court system aint doing it. just know that you can get shot if caought in someone else place might make you think. dosent matter if you are running or are no longer a threat. a crimanl can break in get caught. go to court on you cause you are going to help pay for lawyer. and then get off because of a mistake we made when arresting him because good forbid if we voilate thier rights. if you are rich or a criminal this is your country. but if you are a hard working person it sucks to be you.