Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bike Stolen During Attempted Sale/Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike Stolen During Attempted Sale/Test Drive

From another forum; apparently happened last month or so. Be on your guard and utilize a little common sense if/when you're selling your bike....

"Stolen!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well my bike just got stolen from right in front of me... It just happened no more then 30 min ago. I was trying to sell my bike because of some student loans I was trying to pay off. So some guy came to see it, which he is about the 10 person to come take a look at it. He came with his girlfriend in her car and I was showing him the bike while his girlfriend stayed in the car. His girl friend said she was going to go get us coffees and that she would be back in about 10 min. So I turn it on and show him rev it a bit let him hear the exhaust then while its on he asks me if he can sit on it. I said sure... and wouldn’t you know it the mother f*cker took off. At first I was like wtf then I jumped in my car to try and follow him... which was really stupid because he was gone b4 I knew it. So i call the cops and im waiting for an officer to give me a call back mean while they put a locate out for it. So its basically gone forever, the thing that pisses me off so much is I don’t have insurance. I haven’t ridden it in about a month and have just been trying to sell it so I never bothered to renew it. I just hope that bastard dies and burns in hell, I don’t even care if I get the bike back I just want to know he died while he was trying to run with it. So now I am stuck with a finance for a bike I no longer have, I hope he gets whats coming to him."

Old 10-02-2006, 12:30 AM
Default RE: Bike Stolen During Attempted Sale/Test Drive

wow mental note always leave bike on fumes when people come over to look at it. Or carry a gun to shoot the bastard as he takes off.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:42 AM

Thats why they leave something when they test drive... like I was left when my dad test drove mine.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:53 AM

The only way I would ever let someone do a test ride would be if I have cash in hand. I have sold many cars and every time they ask if they can drive I tell them I have to have the full amount in cash in my hand before I let them. I tell them that before they even come to look at the car. Now if it was a bike. Yes I would have to have the full amount up front in cash before I let them ride it. Just in case they drop it, steal it, or cause any harm.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:34 AM

Well a car is a little different you grab your pistol conceal it in your pants/coat and jump in the passenger seat and go with them.
A bike though, i mean that sucks for this guy but i would Never let someone ride it incase they drop it, get hit, run the **** out of it, STEAL IT lmao i mean come on use your noggin'....

*note to self, if i am going to steal a bike take the annoying neighbor kid for collaterol.......And leave him!*

Old 10-02-2006, 03:00 AM

agreed with that full cash in hand thing....like 1 time i raced some guy in my car afterward we were on the side on the road his friend camera ma had a hand in a back pocket made me reall nervous....

Old 10-02-2006, 05:57 AM

Man I would be so pissed. I would really be scared to let anyone drive test ride my bike...

Old 10-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This sort of thing has been happening for years, gotta sight some kind of ID (not that matters these days) I've also heard than some insurance companies won't pay on this one (you gave them permission, left keys in the bike), you get my drift.
on the humorous side, heard of guy that would show up with his girlfriend or pal, and pull that "gotto go, be back soon" crap. Only difference, this guy has a dog, which he leaves with you while he tests your bike/car, so you think, "hey he's gotta come back for his dog?" nope he don't, cause it ain't his anyway.
So not only are you down one vehicle, you have someones poor mutt.
Only consolation I can offer, is that eventually this guy well come undone, and hopefully you will get to hear about it.
Oh and I use "Data Dots" on my bike (part of the purchase deal), yeah I know, like that's going to make difference.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:35 PM

And...with all the kinda Mods we do...this would of been another one of those times when Lo jack gets the man....700 bux is alot....at once...but lemme break it down....
Sportech Chrome Screen-85
Corbin Seat -224
New Dunlops 410
Seat Cowl 120
------------------------------
959$$

SO in the end...Lo Jack Would of paid for itself in this situation.....youre calll tho....not to mention the piece of mind to be able to say.....O so ya wanna steal my bike huh.....go in the house....get a drink....come back out and call the Po Po....and tell them to bring the guy back so you can ID them...and LAFFF at the **** that took off on your bike.....LOL>....

Old 10-02-2006, 12:37 PM

do you have lojack......my point exactly

Quick Reply: Bike Stolen During Attempted Sale/Test Drive