Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bike Recovered by SWAT

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bike Recovered by SWAT

That's cool they busted the thief.

I'm sure your negative attitued towards cops make them want to go above and beyond for you and your friends.[:@]

Old 10-31-2006, 01:22 PM

I think once i got that bike back, i would sell it. It would give me a weird feeling to know they took everything out of the frame and put it in a new one, who knows how good their work is. My guess is ****ty.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Flip

I think once i got that bike back, i would sell it. It would give me a weird feeling to know they took everything out of the frame and put it in a new one, who knows how good their work is. My guess is ****ty.
that's why when he gets the bike back from the police impound, I'm gonna take a good through check of the whole bike for him. He's a good friend and I have all the tools. I did most of the previous maintenance on the bike for him before the bike got stolen. This was his first street bike but he used to live out in the mountains so he took the twisties every day. I think we are gonna install a security system the day he gets it back and grab a 20ft 3" chain links for his apartment. I mean, you hear of bikes being stolen before, but when they happen to be 4 of your close friends that you almost ride with everyday. It just takes an impact to you and your friends. I mean I would have prolly killed the bastards.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:15 PM

Yeah, i wish there was something else apartment people could do with their bikes, they are so vulnerable. Too vulnerable.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:43 PM

Im so sick of this ****, at lest you got a new frame?

Old 10-31-2006, 05:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Flip

Yeah, i wish there was something else apartment people could do with their bikes, they are so vulnerable. Too vulnerable.
garage. thats all their is to it. and its still not 100% there either. i have not heard of a specific case a garage was broken into, but i can almost guarantee its happened.

Old 10-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I went apartment shopping I had my bike in mind. I live on the terrace level and pull in through the patio. Bike lives in the living room/ dining room.

I've had my Maxima stolen in Aug 04. Recovered within 24hrs minus custom self-installed stereo system. My relationship with the car was never the same since. I think I'm over the attachment to THINGS now. If the bike was stolen, I'd just file a police report and insurance claim......... Naw, I'd be emotional, but I'd get another bike.

Old 10-31-2006, 07:49 PM

ive heard of a bike being stolen from a garage happen to a buddy of mine they took his 06 gsxr 1000 right out of his GATED IN COMMUNITY yea there so safe had my 2001 honda civic si with all kind of crazy mods stolen out of a gated community and vince carter was my neighbor at the time right here in orlando he was the first person i ever saw with a bentley gt coupe what a beautiful car anyway garage or no garage it still happens if someone wants it bad enough theyll take it.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:00 PM

Just bought a scorpio alarm system for him. So when he gets the bike back, hopefully we'll minimize the threat. If not, we'll install a custom-made, explosive seat covers that are rigged up to a satellite phone as the detonator.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:31 PM

My friend corrected me. They did the sting operation at the local gas station next to the house. The had undercover cop cars positioned all over the place to cover any exits and used swat as a back up. About 20 cops in all. They also hooked up one of those listening device/tracker on my friend's cell phone to record the conversation. An undercover detective was there and played the role as being a friend of David, both walked up to the guy once he drove into the station. The second when the suspect got off the bike and turned it off, All of the cops rushed the guy and got him on the ground before he could react. He actually has a record of concealed weapons and grand larceny so this is why they had swat there.

They are continuing their investigation. The DMV inspector said that my friend will definitely get everything but the frame from the bike since it's confirmed of being stolen property. He's is doing an investigation of the suspects of where they got the new frame, where that came from and who is currently the owner of the frame.

I told my friend to ask the DMV guy to see if there was a chance to keep the frame on the bike as is, but get either a new title for the frame to my friend's name or get it reissued as a 'built title' with a new VIN number and reinspected by DMV instead of taking the whole damn bike apart, then finding his frame or getting a whole new frame.

Anyone have thoughts?

Quick Reply: Bike Recovered by SWAT