Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

bike might be going away for a..

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bike might be going away for a..

2005 Subaru impreza WRX STI.

yep, went to the dealer today and took it for a spin and fell in love..unfortunatly it was a tad out of my price range..somehow the dealer and i got on the subject of bikes and i told him about mine..he said he would give me 4g for it once it was repaired..or take it off of the car..it sounds good now cause of the repair process (IT SUCKS) but im sure once i get it out for the first ride this summer ill forget all about the impreza

i hope..

Old 03-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: bike might be going away for a..

imo it wont be worth it. would be nice to have if you could keep your bike but to lose your bike for a car that your making payments on just doesnt sound like the right choice

Old 03-03-2008, 09:26 PM

well im getting more and more parts in for my bike every day..im just waiting on the fairings right now! and when those come in i will spend all day (and night if i have to) getting the bike ready..they probably wont be here for another 2 weeks considering the guy hasnt even shipped them from hong kong yet (he will wednesday)

and once i get it out and start riding im sure i wont want to sell it.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:45 PM

Wellif you did sell it you could get that 5gs from your parents to put on the car.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:55 PM

Why do I picture a new engine needing to be put in the car within in a year?

Old 03-03-2008, 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Why do I picture a new engine needing to be put in the car within in a year?
I see a new body going around the engine.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

its funny we have one thread where a member is trying like to hell to keep his bike and another thread where someone wants to give it up ... ahh people ammuse me

Old 03-03-2008, 11:21 PM

dont really want to give it up...but a bike isnt going to get me very far during school next year..ill be away from home with a bike, and -20 degree weather. and my other car doesnt drive in the snow(to low) and i wont have my 1995 toyota camry back up car.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:39 PM

If you're planning on going to college, I emplore you to wait on buying a nice car that you have to finance. While at college money will be tight, you'll have spring break trips that you'll want to go on and not have to worry about money, bars to go to, ladies to buy drinks for or dinners, drunk people running into your car, etc. Get something you can afford to beat up but still be reliable and not have to finance more then a year for.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:11 AM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

If you're planning on going to college, I emplore you to wait on buying a nice car that you have to finance. While at college money will be tight, you'll have spring break trips that you'll want to go on and not have to worry about money, bars to go to, ladies to buy drinks for or dinners, drunk people running into your car, etc. Get something you can afford to beat up but still be reliable and not have to finance more then a year for.
+1, Parking on campus is terrible for getting your car bumped, hit by other car's doors, etc. I hated parking my Trans Am on campus, now that I'm running a Jeep with a few dings from playin in the woods and mud it's not so bad. I think people generally try and not touch my truck for fear of getting mud and dirt all over them.