Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Which bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 02:51 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Which bike?

Thanks for all the responses...I maybe should clarify here I don't do just 1K per year only...what happened was I bought the bike new in 1998 and did about 4k during the first summer and 3k the next, but then family, moving, other hassles got in the way so for a good few years I only managed to get out in the summer occasionally hence the low miles of about 10700 miles, then I needed tyres etc and due to money never used it for a year. Last year I got new tyres and did about 3000 miles and hope to do more this year so kinda getting back into biking again proper and hope to clock up some decent miles.

I'd love to keep the F3 for work and just have a new RR for high days and holidays in the garage but that is an ideal world.

I definitely want the 07RR onwards from what I've read, especially the lightness factor.

I keep my bikes for the long haul so depreciation is not an issue, I loved the F3 when I bought it, still do, it's just that good, but the temptation of the latest RR is there now... I wish I could have both...

Jules x

Old 01-31-2008, 07:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There will be a big difference, I've got a 95 900rr and I just bought a 00 929rr and it's like night and day, fi is nice, weight I can actually feel, and the power, oh my, way different.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:20 AM

Jules-it's all in what you want and can afford. It sounds like your F3 is a nice bike and you may get a good amount for it. I'm like you I have the new bike bug and it sucks cause I can't get one right now. I think I'm going to rock the F4 for at least this season and then go from there.

Keep us posted on what you do.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:27 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey Ben ... if I keep my F3 for another year it may allow me next year to buy an RR and still hold onto the F3 ...which would be nice..my ideal!

My F3 still looks like new and is on original exhaust etc, I keep things standard and immaculate and now with it being ten years old it's probably worth more to me...

I've always been the same, I buy things for long term and only like to upgrade when things have moved on appreciably...

Same with my phone lol, I just wait until it's obsolete rather than this chop and change every year or so.

I suppose I just needed to know for sure that the RR is a definite upgrade which it appears to be... so next year might be best...

My F3 though is still very relevant even in this age, that's how good they were!

I had an old F2 (1991) before this and the difference was very noticeable, the FM having a hole in the 4500 - 5500 range whereas the ram air of the F3 pulled straight through it with more power right through.
The last of the steel frames was so sorted...

Old 02-02-2008, 01:28 PM

newer bikes all have there power in the mids and high rev range. Like I have always heard, if you want to have fun on the street get an older bike, if you want it on the track get a newer bike. Of course anything geared the right way with be fine.