Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The BIGGEST Squid

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The BIGGEST Squid

ORIGINAL: SkinnyJ

o yea welcome to florida see that **** everday
No doubt..... *sigh* All too common here.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:53 PM

being a squid is definately not about the gear....gear is mostly a matter of realizing how much you're gunna be torn apart when you go down and if you don't have that understanding, or concern for your own body, then that would lead to a lack of gear

however, a quality of many squids (state of mind and attitude) is they tend to lack the gear because they think they are invincible or too good for it but don't assume that someone without a jacket or jeans on is a squid

p.s. there is no logic behind wearing sandles and actually riding haha

Old 07-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think we can all agree that 9 out of 10 times that someone is riding unsafe that they ARE NOT wearing proper gear to be riding in the first place, much less at the level they are riding. but hey, to everyman a choice of his own. i recently started riding in shorts because of the heat, and frankly the only pants i ride with wouldnt last the impact of a fall and these shorts are thicker anyway, however i still wear my jacket, gloves and brain bucket.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

As my original post stated, about the big squid, I called him that because of how he was riding...passing on double yellow, passing multiple cars at a time, cutting me off by squeezing between me and the car in front of me then cutting off other cars ahead. Also passing on a blind curve doing about 70 or more. It just so happens that he was not wearing any gear. For that he's a retard. For the other reason + the lack of gear, he's a squid.
Exactly....

Old 07-27-2006, 01:38 PM

Flip....for whatever reason you seem to want to twist my words so that you can create an issue that we can debate; no problem, bottom line is that squids are a danger not only to themselves, but others as well, the GP probably wouldn't give a second thought to what we are wearing provided we didn't buzz by them at 150 mph, or pass them and just barely miss clipping their front bumper.....gear is a personal choice, and 90% of the time i wear mine, the point i am trying to make and you seem to want to twist is that someone with out full gear on is not a squid, it is how they ride....like or not, agree with it or not, thats simply the fact of the matter. Beyond that, your opinion is yours, and I am not trying to change it; if you wear full gear 100% of the time, thats great, if you don't that's okay too, it's your life, but if your riding is unsafe, then you are a squid.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:42 PM

az100rr +1

Old 07-27-2006, 01:43 PM

Also, if you want to talk attire = SQUID; then how about those riders that dress in full matching racing leathers, they have all the trick gadgets on their bike, look the part, but have no skill. Better gear does not equal a better rider. I see alot of riders that have invested thousands into their gear and their bikes, but don't have the skill or the attitude to match. Are they squids too? yes, but not because they have all the gear, again its their skill and their attitude....

Old 07-27-2006, 01:46 PM

GSXers give people incredible hulk powers....

Old 07-27-2006, 04:22 PM

I think it would be hard for me to call anyone wearing full gear a squid, regardless if they were zipping in and out of traffic.

Gear alone says to me, I know my hobby is dangerous, I know if i fall i need protection, and I dont want to put someone else through the anxiety of killing me.

No gear to me says, I wont fall i'm too good, i dont understand how i can be hurt if i fall, if i fall and die who cares about the person who killed me.

I guess to me, a SQUID needs to be erratic and underdressed, so i do understand you taking offense. Although to me, a person driving wildly with gear is less a squidly than a safe rider with no gear. Is that strange?

Old 07-27-2006, 05:16 PM

Yeah, I guess I do find it a bit strange...ask yourself this question, if you were going on a group ride, would you rather ride with a bunch of really good riders in shorts, with no helmets, or a group of guys in full on leathers and arai's that think they are hayden, but probably shouldn't even be riding a bicycle....? For me, the guy next to me could be wearing boxer shorts on his head, as long as i know if we are side by side in the corner, he isn't going to try to get on my bike with me, or we are coming into a corner hot and he is in front, i need to know that he isn't going to slam on the breaks or let off the throttle cuz he has a sudden epiphany that he is going too fast....or thinks it would be fun to stand on his seat at 120 mph right in front of you; I bet in any of these situations, the last thing you'd care about is whether or not the guys wearing gear....see my point?

Quick Reply: The BIGGEST Squid