Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

big brother is out there

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: big brother is out there

ORIGINAL: BlindinOrange

yeah but if you think giving a damned will change the fact that its going to happen no matter what is popular then that's sad.
many moons ago the founding members of our country made it legal to take back our government...... do you think if you tried now it would be legal?? no. yes I agree that its a sad state of affairs we live in now but the best way to deal with it is to just deal with the fact that you have to deal with it!!!
I can't disagree more.I don't want todrag the thread any further off topic, but giving a damn is exactly what people need to do. There are more ways to improve government than armed rebellion (if that's what you're referring to), but if nobody cares about anything enough to try, it sure as hell isn't going to change for the better all by itself.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Bob The Great

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.
Ideas like this bother me. Do people really have no misgivings about your government monitoring you on a daily basis?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Author disputed, though often attributed to Ben Franklin. Nevertheless, it is perfectly true.

First you bought the F4i, now you post this. Bob, you really are great.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:25 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Bob The Great

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.
Ideas like this bother me. Do people really have no misgivings about your government monitoring you on a daily basis?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Author disputed, though often attributed to Ben Franklin. Nevertheless, it is perfectly true.
It doesn't bother me. This program wasn't put in place to spy on you and your girlfriends conversations. Nor was it put in place to invade your privacy. This program is an effective means to gain intelligence on those meaning to do us harm.

I guarantee you, if tomorrow, your next door neighbor was arrested because he was about to commit a catastrophic terrorist act, and the only way the government found out was tapping into his turned-off cell phone, you wouldn't ever have a problem with it.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Wildcat

First you bought the F4i, now you post this. Bob, you really are great.
lol. I figured I've been a lurker long enough. Time to stir the pot. [8D]

Blue Fox - I guess you're entitled to be content in a surveillance state (as Britain has already become, and we aren't far behind). I tend to agree with Franklin.

And yes, if my neighbor got hauled off because of something he said during this kind of mass monitoring, it would bother me immensely, just as it would if he had been caught with "contraband"in a random warrant-less house-search or had a confession beaten out of him by guys in red robes wearing crosses. The ends don't justify the means, no matter how noble those ends are.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:38 AM

^ +1. The more complacement you are the more the government tries to etake away. At the very least you have to question what is going on all the time. Something about the price of freedom is everlasting vigilance (or w/e the quote is). They always start small....

Old 08-01-2007, 10:27 AM

This is proof that America is becoming sadder and sadder. The Patriot Act is a parallel to this. The gov't really could listen to any cell phone conversation they wanted to, and all they have to do is claim they had reason to believe there were terrorist activities.
They can literally, according to the "Patriot" Act, arrest anyone they want and hold without due legal process if they think he/she is involved in terrorism. How long do you think it will take for this cell phone thing to be just like that?? Not long, America...

Old 08-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Banned

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought the MK Ultra Project was crazy. This make that whole situation look like theEchelon project in England seem like a bunch of lip readers. I gotta go attach a tin can with a string to my girlfriends house so those FBI bastards cant listen in and whack off to the sexy talk that I wha....... never mind. I gotta go wrap my head in tin foil to keep the voices out.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have On-Star in your GM vehicle? Authorities have already arrested drug dealers after clandestinely listening to their 'private' conversations as they drove around. No indication that OnStar was listening. Anyone ever wonder who's listening in just for kicks? And yes, it bothers me to see the degree of privacy we have given up in the past six or seven years.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: hungoverdrone

theend of the USA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77ZXo
Guys like that bitch...but never offer any solutions, or give any ideas of how the world would be if they were in control.

Critics, cynics, however well spoken, or given to dramatics, are a waste of space.

I think I'll report the dude to the FBI website...hahaha...

Maybe they'll really start screwing with him, and he'll stfu.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Banned

BMG, you don't believe in the whole "new world order' and the whole masonic, skull and bones, tri-lateral commissionconspiracy? There is nothing you can do except be aware, but the truth is that we are slaves to this plan, the only thing we have going for us is a chance for a decent standard of living....Kinda like 'the Matrix'.

Quick Reply: big brother is out there