Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Best year of your life ? Why ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best year of your life ? Why ?

Overheard this topic in the break room at work. Guys were talking about how they had a good job, lived with their parents, had hot girlfriends, etc,. I would have to cobble together a year, a few months at a time. When I was 16 I had a few months with a hottie (Ms. teenage San Mateo Co.), and when I was 21 I had a blast up in Alaska, mountaineering. 31 was cool for awhile because I was surrounded by good friends. 41 found me at Yosemite, as a Ranger, with my own private lake (Eleanor). I hope next year is the best year of my life. Pace, Gris.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Default RE: Best year of your life ? Why ?

well.... Im only 20, and to be honest i could not pick a single year, 15 i went expert BMX racing, considered working to pro, changed my mind, 16 beautiful girls and cars... that summs that up, 18 moving out of partents house was awesome! 18-20 first two years of college at Ohio State(Go Bucks) absolutely nuts and just got into bikes within the past year, and have now owned 6 different bikes, which is a whole new kind of fun. I just hope they keep coming like they have been. One thing i regret is never buying a camera.... could use some pictures of this stuff.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:32 PM

This year is by far the best of my life. i only recently turned 18 but.

I got a 05 rr insted of my f4i that was down on both sides. I got a new job at cycle gear insted of nasty wendeys. i graduted highschool half a year early, had lots of free time. I got to collect my settlment from a motorcycle accident last year(lots of money woot!) I am going to be going to the track this year, thats going to be great. I start my pre pharmcy at college. I am much happier now that i have stopped being so negative about things and looking at the positive side. Its amazing how much better you feel when you stop looking at the bad things in everything.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

ORIGINAL: cyber00677

Its amazing how much better you feel when you stop looking at the bad things in everything.
Words to live by.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:21 PM

Dunno, Every year is the best and every year is the worst. Call it experience I guess. If I were to pick a year, I would say 1, thats it, 1 year old, I had my *** wiped for me by a loving person, was fed on demand, every time I cried I was tended to, got all the attention, could do no wrong..........Or...maybe 17, got my own wheels, pullin more *** than a toilet seat, no responsibilities, fun fun fun, or maybe 30, got a bangin wife, great kids, people who love me and look up to me, I can actually make a huge difference in someones life, I'm someones hero, I'm secure, responsible, and still have fun, and have the money to do it. I don't know man, every year is a good year, even the bad ones cause we gain from them. Don't major on the minor, attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference, and the glass is always half full.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:11 AM

which ever year it is right now.... cause i live in the present not the past

Old 07-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah well, I don't really have a favourite year as such, but I have favourite moments that an old fart such as myself, likes to recall in those quieter moments (like the day I lost my cherry, incidentally, if anyone finds it, I would not mind getting it back), the 1st ride on a new bike, finding nearly 1/2 kilo of really good pot behind the lounge that some fool forgot to take home after the party, actually getting paid to ride like a maniac around Sydney on a company bike, that sort of thing. I guess we are all time travellers.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Friend and Hero ...

I am with pacemaker on the subject and maybe you should put it in that perspective Raven

I'm not going to start listing things here my critics would swear I'm bragging. I have about 26 glorious moments that has made every bit of the **** that I have put myself through and been through worth it with absolutely no regrets

Old 07-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Time period wise I would have to say the mid 80's to mid 90's ... the family were all living ... all together and life was good ... there was always something going on or somebody was doing something really good ..it was a fun and happy period..

Singling out a year I would say 1998 .. among other things I had just bought a brand new Honda CBR600 at only 23 :-) ..I know kids these days get them young and on HP but this bike for me back then was a really big deal :-)

Jules

Old 07-04-2008, 07:38 AM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: ynks4evr

which ever year it is right now.... cause i live in the present not the past

Quick Reply: Best year of your life ? Why ?