Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Best Man Speech

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Man Speech

I thought about getting 6-8 beers in me and then just giving it a shot in the dark. But my gf would probably kill me. lol

Old 10-16-2006, 01:05 AM
Retired Moderator

I play in a band as a side thing, and we play about six weddings every year. I have heard numerous best man/maid of honor speeches, and you can ALWAYS tell when someone is winging it. It is actually a little embarrasing. Whatever you decide to talk about, you will save yourself some grief by being prepared. Practice makes perfect. If you are like most people, you are going to be very nervous , and if you haven't practiced what you are going to say, you may draw a blank and ruin the whole wedding (just kidding...kinda). This one guy talked about how he and the groom used to get really drunk all the time and pick up chicks (before he met his wife)...you could hear crickets chirping (figuratively). Good luck!

Old 10-16-2006, 03:13 AM

make it short and to the point. REHEARSE IT. say things about how happy they make each other, how long you've known them etc. wish them luck and then get loaded. And as a kinda funny thing, ask them both to come up and hold hands... just put his hand on top of hers and say have a good look, this is the last time you'll have the upper hand... a friend of mine did that at a wedding recently and everyone laughed. just some ideas.

Old 10-16-2006, 04:03 AM

"I knew these two in high school and watched their relationship grow into what it is today. They had their rough spots, but they got through them with love and determination. Here's to things worth waiting for. Cheers!"

Short and to the point. You can add some filler somewhere I'm sure. I take paypal or money orders.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:43 AM

At my third wedding my best man started with "As i was saying........"

But you good start with how long you have known the groom and where from how long you've known the bride and how they met. What a lovely couple they make, things they have in common etc. If you are funny, fine be funny but only at the grooms expense not the brides (and not rude remeber your mixed audience). If you are not normally one to have everyone rolling with laughter, just be short sincere and straight forward.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:04 PM

heres what your looking for.. i did this speech last year and i had everyone rolling with laughter..

For those of you who I haven’t personally introduced myself to, and looking around, there don’t seem to be too many, I’m Quinc and not only am I Louis best freind, but I’ve been sentenced to being Loui's Best Man today.

Before I start, if there’s anybody here who feels a little nervous and apprehensive, it’s probably because you’ve just gotten married to Loui.

As the Best Man, I had a few specific jobs to do today. This speech being one of them, and an earlier one being to make sure Loui got here on time and in decent form - but mainly i was to make sure he was sober enough to stand up.

But my most important job today, is to give all of you a picture of what kind of guy Loui really is. and i would tell you. but i dont want the bride to have second thoughts.

And now, I come to the blushing bride. Tami, you are Louis one and only. You are his better half. You are whom he has been searching for, for 23 years, and all I can say is… what took you so long?
Tami, you are charming, smart, look absolutely gorgeous, but most importantly, you have a good heart. and That’s what counts,

I guess now comes the part where I offer you two a piece of my wisdom.

Tami, remember that men are like fine wine. They start off like grapes and it’s your job to relentlessly stamp on them in the dark until they turn into something that you would like to have dinner with.

On the other hand Loui, women are also like fine wine. They start out fresh, fruity and intoxicating to the mind, and then they turn full bodied with age before going all sour and vinegary, eventually giving you a headache.

From what I’ve heard:
Marriage asks that couples take each other for better or for worse and Loui, you really couldn’t have done any better. And Tami, … I suppose it could be worse!

I want to raise a toast, and wish Loui and tami, lots of happy memories, … lots of children …, but most importantly, lots of love.

use that to get everyone laughing then you can put down more personal stuff that you want to say inbetween or wherever. hope that helps
-Quinc

Old 10-17-2006, 01:01 AM

Sweet, thanks a ton. Lots of good ideas.... Zerochickenstrips I will probably take a line from that but I will be sure to give you credit in my works cited I think i can make a good one with some of your ideas and some stories. If I ever get it done I will let you guys read it and see what you think.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:36 AM
Retired Super Moderator

I always end mine with:

I hope you two have a wonderful life, blah blah....and may all your ups and downs be between the sheets!!

Always goes over well. :-)

-Adam

Old 10-25-2006, 11:10 PM

Well here it is... let me know what you think

I would like to introduce myself, for those who don’t know me, my name is Eric and today I am serving as Joe’s best man. I have been good friends with Joe and Heather for many years. Throughout high school I was able to see their friendship grow into what it is today. Marriage asks couples to take each other for better or for worse; Joe you really couldn’t have done better, and Heather I suppose that it could be worse. But in all honesty, I have not seen as much love, determination, and most of all, laughter that they have brought to one another these past years. I would like everyone to now join with me in raising their glass to these newlyweds. I wish you guys a great life together with many happy memories, and most of all, a life filled with love.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:38 PM

good job