Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

aww crap...NBC orders Top Gear pilot episode...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:51 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: aww crap...NBC orders Top Gear pilot episode...

I went to the bookstore yesterday and read the 'top gear' magazine, it was $10.75 U.S. so I didn't buy it. But the passion for cars came through in print. The 0-60 and other specswas a sidebar. not the whole story. I agree with Blue Fox that our society doesn't have a passion for cars, you can see it lacking in Motor Trend and other even Hot Rod. Even looking at 'superbikes' it is somehow so hard to watch even when you have dozens of the quickest machines even built on the screen at any given time.

My guess is the 'Gear' will start off with J. Leno's garage and then to some dopey corvette club and then to something like monster garage. After that it will get cancelled.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: aww crap...NBC orders Top Gear pilot episode...

^^ +1 on the magazine...other than a subscription is something like $85--which would be worth it if I had a flat in London, a villa in Spain, and an apartment in Monaco. It's important to know whether a Carrera GT or Gallardo Spyder is the better choice to get me around over there...much less so here in America: 'Grab Life by the Horns!' ---oh, okay sure, I'll get right on that...

The polish that the BBC puts on Top Gear would be bollocks to try and duplicate--the photography, music, editing, writing, locations--it's astonishingly good. They don't grow 'em that skilled in America, people here don't want critical refinement...they want big, loud, and simple to operate--cause you can't drink a Nattie and drive a Koenigsegg at the same time...