Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ar-15 question... hardcorp? Shocktroop?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ar-15 question... hardcorp? Shocktroop?

i kinda wanna get a different flash hider for my ar-15. would it change my pattern? any suggestions on which one i should get?

Old 07-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Default RE: ar-15 question... hardcorp? Shocktroop?

I have a bushmaster ar-15 with a Y-comp on it. I LOVE it.

http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=8

Go there, scroll down to the LAST one at the bottom of the page.

As far as it changing your pattern, I suppose it's a possibility, but I'm not very sure.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:40 PM

that looks sweet. should i use a crush washer or peel washer? and when they say made for preban... i have a del ton upper. idk if that will be the correct thread. Are all of them the same???????? ima a cali gun owner *sigh* so theres always weird rules and stuff. But anyway. will that fit this?

Old 07-04-2008, 06:56 PM

nm

Old 07-04-2008, 07:32 PM

"These brakes are for barrels with muzzles threaded 1/2" x 28 T.p.I. (threads per inch)."
I guess find out what you have, then if that's the same as this... go for it!
Or call bushmaster and ask them. If not, they might be able to cut one that will fit your gun.
I know a lot of their stuff fits most other guns.
As far as washers go, I think I have a crush washer on mine.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:16 PM

i sent an email to del ton, the company i bought the kit from. they should be able to tell me. thanks for the help that thing looks really good, ill get it if it fits.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:34 PM

Or you could do what was always meant to be done with AR-15/M16 model "toys" and throw them away. Get yourself a real mans gun.

Like something from Europe, lets say FN or H&K.

.223 is for small deer or children, not combat.

And don't even get me started on the open bolt, non-gas piston return system with forward bolt assist. A rifle so horribly flawed it needs a manual bolt assist to make sure the bolt has seated into battery (pitiful).

If you need a bolt flap(guard) to keep dirt out of the chamber, than that is a badly designed rifle. Ask yourself how many high-quality, famous, well known rifles actually have bolt guards..... try and even think of one.

"Well its hyper accurate!" So is a M1 Garand(and dont bull**** me on the "semi-" factor, most AR-15's on the market today are either semi as well or if you want to spring for it, a whopping 3-round burst!), or M-14... You can even get the M-14 redesigned into the SOCOM-16... See the real bad asses of the military know whats worth using.

and for ****s sake, isn't this a honda motorcycle forum? jesus.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:13 PM

thats why we have an off topic F*&^ head for just this reason. its not all about motorcycles. hence the OFF TOPIC

Old 07-04-2008, 10:34 PM

What a ****tard. Ya for a target pratice gun let me get the biggest ****ing ammo I can find. Dumbass. People say my sks that shoots 7.62x39 is a "*****" bullet but I can dam well kill with it. You wanna be a test subject?

2 post and he's already cocky

Old 07-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: thirteenthcor

Or you could do what was always meant to be done with AR-15/M16 model "toys" and throw them away. Get yourself a real mans gun.

Like something from Europe, lets say FN or H&K.

.223 is for small deer or children, not combat.

And don't even get me started on the open bolt, non-gas piston return system with forward bolt assist. A rifle so horribly flawed it needs a manual bolt assist to make sure the bolt has seated into battery (pitiful).

If you need a bolt flap(guard) to keep dirt out of the chamber, than that is a badly designed rifle. Ask yourself how many high-quality, famous, well known rifles actually have bolt guards..... try and even think of one.

"Well its hyper accurate!" So is a M1 Garand(and dont bull**** me on the "semi-" factor, most AR-15's on the market today are either semi as well or if you want to spring for it, a whopping 3-round burst!), or M-14... You can even get the M-14 redesigned into the SOCOM-16... See the real bad asses of the military know whats worth using.

and for ****s sake, isn't this a honda motorcycle forum? jesus.

I'm going to take a well-educated guess here and say this is the ramblings of an armchair quarterback absolutely no offense but you should take into consideration those who have fielded the weapons platform you are bashing, who has also had the opportunity to field and handle the other weapons systems you refer to. First let me say. If you believe, a 5.56 mm weapons platform, can't whittle an individual of even your size down to the point where you take a dirt nap. You're a damn fool. Second of all, the AR weapons platform has made leaps and bounds in its last generation of evolution you seem to be a big HK fan. I'm sure part of your opinion is based on their development of a AR platform I own HK as well as Olympic. Hell. I even have a registered A bolt UZI if you doubt my knowledge on the subject. I suggest you take a few minutes of your time and review this thread click on the attached photos were our poor forum has decided not to display them anymore. They are still there as a attachment
https://cbrforum.com/m_400014/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

if you doubt the long-range capability of AR platform here's a video that started a hell of a debate here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzFkM...eature=related

HB, it is possible to alter your pattern, but NOT likely. May, I ask what is the purpose for the change

Quick Reply: ar-15 question... hardcorp? Shocktroop?