Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone work for Fry's or Best Buy or some place similar?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone work for Fry's or Best Buy or some place similar?

I have my laptop being serviced and it has been three months now and I still do not have it back. All they need to do is replace the LCD screen and they can't seem to figure out how to get one to their location to replace it. Here is an email I just wrote to them while I was waiting on hold for someone to get me some answers.........

To whom it may concern,

I have had my laptop in the service department at the Fry's Electronics location in Fountain Valley, Ca for a couple months now, if not more. I have been told the LCD screen on my laptop was faulty, they ordered and received a new one, and that too was faulty. Now they have sent that back and are waiting on a new screen to arrive.

I am very unimpressed and upset with how long this process is taking. All I want is my own computer back. I have a loaner, but it is not mine. Since it is not mine, I do not want to save anything to it or use it and have my personal information somewhere on it for the next person who might need a rental.

Does anyone know how long this will take? Does anyone have a solution for me? I am writing this e-mail as I am being put on hold by the service department at the Fountain Valley location. It is frustrating to be on hold for this amount of time while someone tries to "help" and then come back with no solution and tell me something I have already heard. "Sir, we are waiting on the LCD screen for your laptop. We will give you a call when it arrives." I have also been told, "I will write my manager a note, I don't know why this is taking so long."

At this point, I do not care how long this is going to take. I want my laptop back and in working order ASAP. If this cannot be done, assume the responsibility of the warranty I purchased and replace it. Since no one with your company has any ideas, except here's a loaner, this is what I want to happen.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Default RE: Anyone work for Fry's or Best Buy or some place similar?

Go in the store and refuse to leave until your issue is settled. I had to do it to Best Buy, they threatened to call the cops and my reply was "go ahead, I'll file charges for theft and dishonest business practices" it was a total bluff, but they didn't know that. F*ck Best Buy, burn it down and **** on the ashes.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:44 PM

lol, I have been in there twice. Once to get this loaner computer and the other to raise hell about the time it has taken to get nothing accomplished.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:54 PM

Get your computer back because they should not be taking that long. You live in California so it should take like 2 days for any computer related part to be shipped to the store. It should also take like 15 minutes to put the part in. And that is a conservative time estimate.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:55 PM

I'm not saying go there, I'm saying STAY there. Raise hell with every single manager on the premises, the whole way to the top. Go to the help desk, and tell the hourly staff guy to go get his manager because he personally does not want to deal the **** you are about to start. Then follow through with that. Do not take no, or sorry, for an answer. The only answer you want is "yes sir, sorry for the delay, we'll get it fixed right now" trust me, that what I had to do. I got nasty after the first 90 minutes. That what they get for being the biggest piece of **** chain store in existance. Again, F#ck Best Buy, burn it down and **** on the ashes. They'll never get another cent from me or anyone I know.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:59 PM

Go in there and ask to speak directly to a manager, don't deal with the minyens(sp). It helps to have any and all paperwork readily available.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

Get your computer back because they should not be taking that long. You live in California so it should take like 2 days for any computer related part to be shipped to the store. It should also take like 15 minutes to put the part in. And that is a conservative time estimate.
Seriously, that is what I was thinking. There should be a part delivered in minutes if someone just took a little initiative and gave a ****. There is a store for everything here in Southern Califonria.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:26 PM

So, wasn't it you guys that bagged on that lady for suing BB for $50 million? Over exactly the same issue? Well, I don't remember, I just know no one thought she was in the right by doing it. Everyone knew she would not win, but that wasn't the point. The point was to get the word out that there are jackasses parading around as "customer service" professionals in big box chains. Hardly anyone has the skill and patience to do what 51 did, so it never happens, so no one cares if they walk all over customers. Ninety minutes! That is dedication.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:10 AM
Default RE: Anyone work for Fry's or Best Buy

I missed that thread, what happened. I searched but did not find it. All I want is my laptop or a new one. It has been three months. I was told I have to wait til Monday. I will and then hell will erupt! 3 months is a long time!

Quick Reply: Anyone work for Fry's or Best Buy or some place similar?