Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone live on/near the beach?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone live on/near the beach?

Lately I've been itching to move. I don't like the area i live, never have really. It's poor, depressing, theres nothing here, and its full of drugs. I was just considering moving up near columbus or towards cincinnati. But lately i've been itching to go further and even been considering a beach atmosphere somewhere.

My question is: Is it really better? yeah you have the beach...But how is it living in a touristy area? I'm sure its one of those grass is always greener things but when i think of the beach or listen to "beach" songs I always get so relaxed and when I vacation the beach its just so relaxing and seems like everything moves at a slower pace.

Either way i'm just talking, i'm sure i will never go through with it, because i'd have to find a job first and that's no easy task.

BTW, anyone need some good help? I'm willing to move.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:16 PM

Here in Michigan It's hard to be far from a beach. It's a little over and hour away from me but it makes a nice cruise in the summer time. Winter still sucks and I'm hoping to relocate somewhere warmer before too long. I do know that I don't want to be more than a couple hours from a big beach but the salt sort of kills the fun. The big lakes are saltless, sharkless, and usually warmer than the ocean. Lol. Would I recommend moving to Michigan? No ****in way.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:31 PM

I went to college about 20 miles outside of Ocean City, MD. Not a bad deal, close enough to easily hop over to the beach any time I wanted to and far enough away to avoid the tourist crowd. However, being Maryland, you still get the full force of winter time, although instead of snow we usually got 33 degree rain. It also had enough rural/park areas surrounding the town to get out and ride some nice twisties.

For me, the only real hang up was that I love skiing and snowboarding and it was a solid 5 hours from even the tiny crappy mountains I usually ski and board at in southern PA. I just can't bring myself to permenantly move some place that is more than 2 hours from a mountain.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:41 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Yes it is REALLY BETTER!!!!! MOVE!!!!

Study has shown that people in Hawaii are generally happier and healthier. Although our land is limited thus small riding area.. But hey that is the price for living in paradise

Anyone live on/near the beach?-img_0951.jpg

Anyone live on/near the beach?-img_1090.jpg

Old 03-24-2011, 01:48 PM

i can't just "move". gotta find a job first, and thats no easy task in this economy.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:42 PM

Im in jersey about 3 blocks from the beach....yesss the shore...but its definitely awesome i couldnt imagine living anywhere else. Our population goes from like 7-8000 to ~35000 in the summer and it can be a headache dealing with all the traffic and stupid people that are down for the weekend and summer but its worth it. And as far as me and my friends are concerned, actually the only thing were concerned about, is that a large portion of that population increase is female sooo going to the beach and out at night always brings new....sights....as opposed to the winter when you see the same people all the time. It gives you something to look forward to all year. Ive already been counting down the days till memorial day weekend. Thats when the zoo comes to town for the summer

Old 03-24-2011, 03:46 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by pittsm
i can't just "move". gotta find a job first, and thats no easy task in this economy.
Get your body "bikini" ready while you hunt for job But never never never wear speedo

Old 03-24-2011, 03:57 PM

I grew up on the beach in Florida. Moved to Texas when I was 20. I go to Port Aransas as much as I can during the spring and summer and even a couple of times in the winter to fish. I LOVE the beach. I don't mind the touristy stuff while I am there. There are beachs that are not as touristy as others. You can also live a little inland and not have as much tourism as living on the beach. Beside if you move to a southern beach you can ride all year.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:19 PM

Id like to move to florida but georgia might be nice. Cost of living is a concern though

Old 03-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My house is about four miles from Coney Island, which isn't quite as rough as it was depicted in The Warriors, but its still not exactly a tourist attraction.

I wouldn't let the economy scare you off. You don't need 20,000 jobs, you need one, and even in statistically tough times, people do get hired, if they're good and aggressive enough.

Quick Reply: Anyone live on/near the beach?