Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone Know Where to Get Deals -Cell Phones?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Know Where to Get Deals -Cell Phones?

Ok, I know this sounds wierd, but I am wondering if any of you guys know where get Ecletronics, Cell Phones, in particular. I am wanting to Get a Black Berry, a 7100 or Pearl (or any of the "less wide" ones) in particularly. I dont care if it is used or even refurbished, I just want to get one fairly cheap. I have a Razr now, and I havent had any problems with it, I would just rather have a blackberry. I have CINGULAR as a provider, so as long as it works with that. I am going to sell my razr once I get it, but I need to find a Blackberry first. So if anyone knows were to get one cheap, please let me know. I checked eBay but I dont know which ones work with what, so any help will be helpful thanks. D2

Old 03-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Banned
Default RE: Anyone Know Where to Get Deals -Cell Phones?

If you're buying used, you're best bet is to buy from someone you know, or someone you can actually meet with.

I actually had a store sell my girlfriend a locked phone. They were an authorized agent, not dealer. So now I'm in the middle of a brawl between these bitches at this store who claim no wrongdoing. What's worse...

They can't unlock it.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:41 PM

yeah bro i would say check craigslist for local people and also ebay and amazon key word is to find one that is unlocked ad can work with any sim unless you find one that is already a cingular then you are all set too

Old 03-18-2007, 02:53 PM

So, I can get one that was Tmobile and get a Cingular sim???? Or do I have to strictly do Cingular, I dont know a whole lot about phones.

Also, how do I go about activating it with Cingular? Do I buy a sim from them?

Old 03-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned

I'm telling you, beware. They can say it's unlocked all day long and you'll never know until your money is long gone and you have a phone that has extremely limited features because it's locked.

Craigslist is a good idea - again, I WOULD NOT TAKE THE CHANCE. Having a locked phone sucks. Stay away from eBay. Can't say about Amazon, but it's the same thing - you'll never know until you've spent your cash.

Buyer beware!

Old 03-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Banned

If you have a Razr through Cingular, you have a sim card. That should slide into any SIM capable phone, that is UNLOCKED, and have all your phone numbers still there. Assuming you saved your numbers to your card and not your phones memory. Your service should be ready to go as soon as you slide that card in and turn the phone on.

If you're buying a Cingular, SIM capablephone fom someone, you'll have no problems whatsoever.

It's those brand new, "unlocked" internet phones you need to be wary of. Just know who you're dealing with, as with anything.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:02 PM

Sweet, thanks man. I know when I had Nextel, I bought a new phone on off the net, and the sim card didnt fit in the new phone, it was different, I just didnt know if they would all fit, especially it beign a way different phone. Thanks for your help guys!

Old 03-18-2007, 03:18 PM

This look like a good deal???????

PHONE LINK HERE

Old 03-21-2007, 12:43 AM

If it says LOCKED to cingular wireless network, does that mean it will still work if I have Cingular, or I wont be able to make any calls.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:26 AM

no if its locked for cingular than you can use it as log as you have a cigular sim card

Quick Reply: Anyone Know Where to Get Deals -Cell Phones?