CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Anyone heard of, or have experience with MMI (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/anyone-heard-have-experience-mmi-6967/)

shinysideup 12-15-2005 11:25 PM

Anyone heard of, or have experience with MMI

ive always wanted to get paid to play with bikes. i had this epiphany today while watching the speed channel. i dont know how helpful motorcycle mechanic institute is, but i thought it would be worth a shot. the military would probably pay for most of it and i would have a certification to help actually find a shop to work at. just knowing how to do things just isnt enough anymore. no real experience or related jobs means no job. has anyone taken any of their courses or really looked into it. i have a few times, but figured it would be a mess to get into. we'll see if my thought is killed, or has a chance. also, do any of you actually work at a shop? sales or service? i think i could get into either. i love bikes and know a few facts about most that most people i know dont. and i love wrenching on my own. i will probably be living in the central coast area of california and looking for a place close by to work with.

doncollins 12-16-2005 12:49 AM

RE: Anyone heard of, or have experience with MMI

About MMI, I have no clue. But when it comes to using Military benefits to pay for school, or I should really say help pay a little for school.... I can help on that. Let me know if you have any questions in that department.

sirlimpzalot 12-16-2005 01:48 AM

I have some friends ( and ex employees) that have been to Mickey Mouse Institute (MMI)..just kidding..they have learned the basics and it got them into the industry, so I would say it is great resource and tool for learning the trade

Anubis 12-16-2005 07:57 AM

Don`t know about the MMI but i to have often day dreamed about gettin the pieces of paper and workin on bikes aswell as playin on them. What a great idea.

L8X 12-16-2005 04:31 PM

when getting the military to pay for your schooling, you always have to work for them a few years as "pay back" before getting a civilian job.

shinysideup 12-16-2005 06:32 PM

well, the good thing is, i put in the extra money so as long as i go to school full time, ill make about 1100 a month to pay for it. may not pay it all, but its extra money. im just wondering if i really NEED this kind of certification, or should my experience be good to start for womeone. ive been working on my own bikes since i was 15. im only 23 now. started with minibikes and then got dirtbikes and then the full blown monsters. i rebuilt a few late model dirtbike engines and the rest was all just regular maintenance. does anyone know how many semester units the course is?

axsys 12-16-2005 06:34 PM

i dont know how much it costs, but i live about a mile away from the MMI in arizona and i know a couple people who go there and they love it. would definately say that you should look into it if thats what you wanna learn about.
________
Screplays.fr