Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone got new Undies for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone got new Undies for sale?

I think guns are for sissies.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:21 AM

You did everything just wright. I have had a CCW and have carried since I got out of the USMC in the early 70's. I am also a CCW instructor. Anything that you can do to defuse a problem and stop a fight before needing to pull your ccw, you have won. Didn't mean to hijack the post, just wanted to let you know you did the wright thing given this problem.
BT
ORIGINAL: LouSiffer

ORIGINAL: Flip

Did that 2nd to last statement say you had a gun and wanted to shoot him?...... cant decide who is more psycho.
Yes and no.
Yes, I do carry a concealed weapon, I have had my concealed weapons license for 10 years and carry a gun for piece of mind. My theory is I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
and
No, I did NOT want to shoot him. It would crazy to WANT to shoot anyone. Hence me leaving the scene before it had a chance to escalate to anything furthur than his yelling.
Contrary to most peoples perception of gun owners/concealed carriers, the majority of us are very responsible and very low key.

As for the question has my gun ever saved me from potential bodily harm etc. The short and simple answer...yes it has.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:40 PM

We have alot of HD owners around here who have never owned a bike before. They spend 30,000 on these bikes and go down to the Dept of Trans. and get a license without a training course. It is a wonder that we don't have more motorcycle wrecks around here. My guess is this guy was one of these wannabe bikers and thought he knew how to ride safely just because he as stayed upright for a little while. I ride with more Harley guys than I do with sportbikes just because most guys my age are riding harleys now. It's kinda fun watching harley guys come over and look at my bike when we stop at the harley shops.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:00 PM

jarhead,
I think for the most part you are wright on target. I ride with a group of about a dozen guys in their 50's and early 60's on sportbikes, but as I mentioned before, I also have a Harley. Times when I ride it with the sportbike boys, when we stop somewhere other bikers seem to go to the sportbikes and don't pay ant attention to my Thumper. I also think that the sportbike is alot more busy looking than a run of the mill Harley. Every sporybike has it's own personality where as a Harley is a Harley.
BT

Old 08-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

re: Guns.

I can understand feeling safer having one, what I don't understand is how you can feel safer knowing that other people have them - I mean I ride on the road and it's full of nutcases... in the states you know you're surrounded by nutcases that are very likely carrying a gun. That to me is insane...

I'm from 'hippy' Canada - where drivers will flip you off and swear at you (on rare occasion) but 99.9% of the time they won't have a gun and I around here (Eastern Canada) I can't think of a case of road rage that involved a gun... from reports I've heard (probably embelished) you've got some pretty crazy road ragers down there that are packing heat. That would scare the hell out of me. Even if I was packing I'd still be scared ****less. I've spent my time carrying weapons for a living, and I've competed at the national level in several firearms events - and I still wouldn't want to go to toe to toe with some wanna be john wayne. As for descalating the situation; I'm not convinced. Sure a rational person might turn around, but any wacko that I'd seriously be worried about is probably more likely to start firing off rounds when someone else produces. Best advice, get out of the situation as safely as possible and let someone else deal with it. Safely as possible is open to interpretation and clear rational thought... shooting your way through the front door doesn't make as much sense as slipping out the back door IMHO.

re: Hogs

I wave at everyone. I find that some cruiser types won't wave at me. On the other hand, I've met alot of sportbikers lately that I haven't appreciated their company at all, and conversely I've met some really cool cruiser types. My antodotal comments of course don't prove anything, however, I'd say that it doesn't hurt you to wave at a two wheeler so you may as well wave at them all. Highways and twisty roads the rules change of course.

I can't beleive I fell for a gun arguement on the net.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:07 PM

I think the real line we need to look at is the poser / rider line. The people who bought the bike because it was cool, or the people who brought the bike because riding was cool. I'll wave at anybody on two wheels, but I'll only talk to riders... and you can tell pretty quickly.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:16 PM

ORIGINAL: woot

re: Guns.

I can understand feeling safer having one, what I don't understand is how you can feel safer knowing that other people have them - I mean I ride on the road and it's full of nutcases... in the states you know you're surrounded by nutcases that are very likely carrying a gun. That to me is insane...

I'm from 'hippy' Canada - where drivers will flip you off and swear at you (on rare occasion) but 99.9% of the time they won't have a gun and I around here (Eastern Canada) I can't think of a case of road rage that involved a gun... from reports I've heard (probably embelished) you've got some pretty crazy road ragers down there that are packing heat. That would scare the hell out of me. Even if I was packing I'd still be scared ****less. I've spent my time carrying weapons for a living, and I've competed at the national level in several firearms events - and I still wouldn't want to go to toe to toe with some wanna be john wayne. As for descalating the situation; I'm not convinced. Sure a rational person might turn around, but any wacko that I'd seriously be worried about is probably more likely to start firing off rounds when someone else produces. Best advice, get out of the situation as safely as possible and let someone else deal with it. Safely as possible is open to interpretation and clear rational thought... shooting your way through the front door doesn't make as much sense as slipping out the back door IMHO.

re: Hogs

I wave at everyone. I find that some cruiser types won't wave at me. On the other hand, I've met alot of sportbikers lately that I haven't appreciated their company at all, and conversely I've met some really cool cruiser types. My antodotal comments of course don't prove anything, however, I'd say that it doesn't hurt you to wave at a two wheeler so you may as well wave at them all. Highways and twisty roads the rules change of course.

Woot, I think you have been miss informed on firearms here in the USA. We have the wright to bear arms here. Terms like "packing heat-john wayne and shooting your way through the front door" comes from the miss informed media and the CSI shows on tv. I also think for the sake of this thread we need to knock off the debate. Later on I will start a post on firearms and we can do a pros and cons kinda debate. At least untill the mods. shut us down.
My Best, Jess (BT)

Old 08-29-2006, 04:23 PM

I'm cool with that... I don't want a heated debate and certainly don't want to cause problems.

As for being missinformed. I'd admit to not being a commuter in the states and all of the traffic snarls and problems related to there in. I've just been concerned by numerous posters (in a number of forums), who maybe embelish or troll, that suggest that firearms are part of an acceptable response to situations many wouldn't.

I embelished the other way, and perhaps I did unintentionally troll with it. Are there any places here to discuss this? An honest flame free discussion... more for the education part of it - as neither of us are in a position to change our respective countries positions but rather educate each other on how our systems work.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:24 PM

Alot of you have put down the Harley riders saying they spent $20-40k on their bikes and how they're posers and this and that. But, for every one of those guys I'd bet there is a punk hopping on a crotch rocket, pulling wheelies, hotrodding, and giving them Harley riders the finger without provocation. Not saying either side is better than the other but I'm sure the sport bike rider community has played a part in the ill-feelings between the two groups. How many times has that Harley rider waved at a sport bike rider only to get shrugged? It's a two-way street.

IMO, there was never an argument. One guy asked about it and people offered some opinions. The thread creator made responses and said he's not going to respond to gun talk because it has no bearing on THIS thread. Pretty much a dead issue now.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:31 PM

I'm cool with that... I don't want a heated debate and certainly don't want to cause problems.

As for being missinformed. I'd admit to not being a commuter in the states and all of the traffic snarls and problems related to there in. I've just been concerned by numerous posters (in a number of forums), who maybe embelish or troll, that suggest that firearms are part of an acceptable response to situations many wouldn't.

I embelished the other way, and perhaps I did unintentionally troll with it. Are there any places here to discuss this? An honest flame free discussion... more for the education part of it - as neither of us are in a position to change our respective countries positions but rather educate each other on how our systems work.

Woot-email sent

Quick Reply: Anyone got new Undies for sale?