Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone got new Undies for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone got new Undies for sale?

i agree with everyone, you did the right thing. he was just an a-hole big time by the sounds of things. some people just have some serious issues when it comes to acceptable social behaviour. wat a ******

Old 08-28-2006, 09:29 PM

Did that 2nd to last statement say you had a gun and wanted to shoot him?...... cant decide who is more psycho.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:06 PM

living in australia, and having such different gun laws, i have got to say, i reckon you guys over in the US are abit gun happy. the amopunt of times i've seen guys referring to carrying guns and stuff, its crazy man. i'm not referring to any persons in particualr as being crazy or anything of the sort, just highlighting the difference, when i hear of people carrying guns and stuff, just really throws me. no one over here carries guns, we're not permitted by law.

i was wondering how many of you guys actually carry guns with you? and how often, and if it has ever saved you from a potentially bad situation? maybe we should make a poll of this or something.

it just spins me out to hear of people walking around with hand guns. you must have alot to fear in america.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:26 AM

ORIGINAL: 929 FRB18

living in australia, and having such different gun laws, i have got to say, i reckon you guys over in the US are abit gun happy. the amopunt of times i've seen guys referring to carrying guns and stuff, its crazy man. i'm not referring to any persons in particualr as being crazy or anything of the sort, just highlighting the difference, when i hear of people carrying guns and stuff, just really throws me. no one over here carries guns, we're not permitted by law.

i was wondering how many of you guys actually carry guns with you? and how often, and if it has ever saved you from a potentially bad situation? maybe we should make a poll of this or something.

it just spins me out to hear of people walking around with hand guns. you must have alot to fear in america.
Well, in the states we've got some crazy bastards that will do as they please. Anyone who carries legally is usually a perfectly fine individual who abides by the laws and just carry for peace of mind - or if need be a defensive situation. My other hobby is shooting and reloading my own. As for handguns, I have two. Both are too large to carry comfortably - Kimber 1911A1 and Beretta 92 Brigadier, so I might have to get one specifically for carry. I wouldn't think twice about shooting someone who broke into the house or someone who is intent on causing me bodily harm with another weapon. Here in Missouri, if you were to carry on you, you need the course and paperwork. You can, however, have it concealed in the car without a permit, just not on you. Every state is different.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Flip

Did that 2nd to last statement say you had a gun and wanted to shoot him?...... cant decide who is more psycho.
Yes and no.
Yes, I do carry a concealed weapon, I have had my concealed weapons license for 10 years and carry a gun for piece of mind. My theory is I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
and
No, I did NOT want to shoot him. It would crazy to WANT to shoot anyone. Hence me leaving the scene before it had a chance to escalate to anything furthur than his yelling.
Contrary to most peoples perception of gun owners/concealed carriers, the majority of us are very responsible and very low key.

As for the question has my gun ever saved me from potential bodily harm etc. The short and simple answer...yes it has.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:30 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You did the right thing. Tried to help a fellow rider, stopped to help when he made like a jerk and crashed, stayed until you were sure he was okay, then left before he could escalate things into a fight. Good job.

I don't carry, but having a firearm got me out of a tight spot once, and having had one would have helped immensley in another. Both occured in my own home when breakins occurred. Once in my early teens, once as an adult.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:41 AM

good to see not EVERYONE assumes I'm a psycho just because I make the choice to protect myself by having the option of a gun. It's sad so many assume that:
People who carry guns = crazy violent gun nutz
Isn't that like those people who look at us on our street bikes and assume we are all crazy careless punk kids without taking the time to really find out more before judging?
Ah well, if I'm ever in a 7-11 and "you" are behind the counter and some guy comes in with a gun to rob ya, maybe I'll look less "crazy" and more prepared.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:05 AM

I just like guns for peace of mind. It makes you feel safer to carry one. Especially if you dont like confrontation. You can easily de-escalate a situation that is getting out of hand just by showing them that you have one.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:35 AM

fair enough, i can understand that having one makes you feel safer, in my opinion though, if no body could carry one, then nobody would ever need one. just curious as i'm from a pretty much gun free community.i still wouldnt want to carry one, just something that i could do without.

thanks guys

Old 08-29-2006, 04:55 AM

well I agree in a perfect world (Utopia) if we could make all weapons dissappear then sure it'd be a safer world. but in my oppinion since weapons are a sad fact of life, and since criminals tend to not obey laws anyhow, seems to me the idea of outlawing them here would only serve to dis-arm law abiding citizens making them a ripe target for criminals who would undoubtedly take advantage of that.

Anyhow, this thread has taken a turn towards becoming political, and thats not what I wanted...
I will now refrain from responding on the whole guns are good/bad issue as I don't want this thread becoming a debate on the afformentioned.

Quick Reply: Anyone got new Undies for sale?