Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone ever have any success w/ quitting smoking??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its hard to explain the link between smoking and driving, eating, drinking. while driving its relaxing and helps out in traffic and just the habit, eating it just seemed to complete the meal afterwards..its like your not done eating until you have that smoke. and drinking well it just goes with drinkin.lol

Originally Posted by 74demon
Smoking has nothing to do with any of those things. It shouldn't be too hard to break the link. You obviously can ride your bike without smoking, so why not the car? You can drink water without smoking, so why not coffee? Why would you destroy the flavor combination of a properly cooked meal with a cig? I put too much effort into my cooking (a hobby of mine, you should try it) to ruin your taste buds with poisons.
Just quit. Don't even have one. In short order you won't want one anymore. You will see how disgusting it is.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Physically, they have nothing to do with one another. The link is nothing more than a smokers own way of justifying the habit. Anyone that really wants to quit will find other connections to make while doing everyday life. There are plenty of people who can eat, drink, drive, screw, and fight with the old lady that don't turn to smoking. If you want to relax, try taking a few deep breaths of non cyanide filled air.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4 months ago I was smoking a pack of marlboro red 100s in a day. Went to my local vap shop, Vapor Kings, and got myself a 1.5 volt vaporizer. Started out with red flavored 24mg/ml (just liquid nicotine my friends). Didn't pick up another red for 2 months. The battery did start to corrode, which I took care of but was too late. Got back on the reds. Went back and upgraded to a 7 volt. hits like a bong. Being a recovering addict it makes up for both worlds. Now when I smoke a cigarette all I can taste is the nasty crap inside it and how dry it is. Gotta love my blueberry drips. If your an avid smoker it's definately something one should check out. It's just nicotine vapor, minus the rat poison and cyanide and all the other goodies that may be in cigarettes. I fill up my tank once a day and I'm good.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:08 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 74demon
Physically, they have nothing to do with one another. The link is nothing more than a smokers own way of justifying the habit. Anyone that really wants to quit will find other connections to make while doing everyday life. There are plenty of people who can eat, drink, drive, screw, and fight with the old lady that don't turn to smoking. If you want to relax, try taking a few deep breaths of non cyanide filled air.
lately, I notice taking a walk helps....then once I have warmed up, I start running....50 minutes later, I work up sweat, take a cold shower and never thought about a ciggy. It's been a long time since I thought about a smoke. Once a while, I'll be walking and smell someone smoking...the odor is not good. Those that smoke, you cannot smell it, but once you quit, you can smell that odor easy.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by estate4life
Those that smoke, you cannot smell it, but once you quit, you can smell that odor easy.
...from out of the window of a car, 3 cars in front of you.