Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

anyone else wear their leather during the summer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone else wear their leather during the summer?

just wondering if anyone wears leather during the summer cuz i know it gets real hot in some places.. the reason i ask is cuz im stuck between a good deal on a armored leather and an armored breathable mesh textile.. which should it be?

also, does anyone have any info on sizing? i would like to get one size larger than what im currently at but will this cause the textile or leather to bubble up like a balloon when im going down the freeway? appreciate any info.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Default RE: anyone else wear their leather during the summer?

if you can get a good deal on leathers then get the leathers. they can run pretty cool if you open up all the vents especially if it's perforated. you don't want to get a jacket that is a size too big. it needs to be snug in case you do fall. if it is too big then you will be sliding around inside of the jacket and it can cause "jacket rash" instead of road rash.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:24 PM

Wear a J. Rocket Sonic II during Texas summers. The only liner is has is on the inside of the arms which goes to mesh. The only time it gets a little toasty would be in slow traffic or long lights. Once your moving its no biggie. You have to keep in mind its an acceptance thing. If you can accept the lighter gear to be a little more comfortable.....you better be ready to except the outcome if it comes to it. I'd rather be a little warm than worn.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:56 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

leather jacket and gloves... helmet on group/high speed runs

Old 05-18-2006, 02:18 AM

i wear armored breathable mesh textile in the summer,

Old 05-18-2006, 02:37 AM

I wear full leathers - Joe Rocket jacket and pants no matter what the temp. It's better to sweat than to bleed.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:20 AM

+1 I wear leather jak and the kevlar lined jean's
ORIGINAL: brian t

Wear a J. Rocket Sonic II during Texas summers. The only liner is has is on the inside of the arms which goes to mesh. The only time it gets a little toasty would be in slow traffic or long lights. Once your moving its no biggie. You have to keep in mind its an acceptance thing. If you can accept the lighter gear to be a little more comfortable.....you better be ready to except the outcome if it comes to it. I'd rather be a little warm than worn.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: city worker

+1 I wear leather jak and the kevlar lined jean's
+1 i wear the leather jacket in the 90 degree weather here(it SUCKS) but i have been down before and i won't go down again without the proper gear.

And are those the kevlar jeans that they advertise in the mags of the guy being drug behind a car on his *** hollding a rope?

Old 05-18-2006, 01:40 PM

I have an Icon Timax Mesh. Its titanium reinforced fits stug and is very cool in the humid South carolina heat. It also has built in belt straps so it doesn't ride up on you. Kevlar reinforced jeans, and sometimes I wear reinforced riding shorts underneith.

Some guys I ride with have the leather/mesh jackets. The ones with leather where you're likely to take a spill, and a leather mesh everywhere else. They seem to love them. the best of both worlds they say.

Old 05-18-2006, 02:18 PM

You want it to fit you well, and by well, I mean snug because you don't want it riding up on you if you do happen to take a spill. My advice would be to get the leather rather than the textile. With all the vents that most of these jackets offer, you should be able to open them up and still be comfortable. It's a give and take situation. I guess I would rather give up comfort wearing my leathers, rather than taking off some skin if I go down.

Quick Reply: anyone else wear their leather during the summer?