Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone else play alot of golf?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else play alot of golf?

I know for those of you who think golf is gay, im sure there is a "haters" section for you to chime in on...

For those of you who play just wanted to see where you are all at, and if any of you want to meet up and play a round or 2 this fall.

I played alot of golf when i was young, i quit when i was 12 and just started again. I have taken my handicap from 20 to 12 and thats all this summer..

I think i have just found my new life long love..

Anyone else? or am i the only one that enjoys going outside early in the morning to beat my ***** around..

Old 08-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Anyone else play alot of golf?

Play once a week or so, have for years and years. Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:57 AM

Mee too. I've been playing since i was 6, and I'm 22 now. Played on my h/s team and made it to state. Played varsity in college for a year. Now I just play for fun, and it'sa good excuse to drink some beers. I play probably twice a month, and make it to the range another twice a month or so.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:12 AM

I played alot of golf when I was a teenager, and the last time I played was about 4 years ago...I enjoy golf....now I want to go play....

Old 08-14-2008, 11:18 AM

iwant to..im thinkin about buyin some clubs or taking one of my uncles extra sets...hes a semi-pro...I love golfing though, might not be a great golfer, but i love doing it

Old 08-14-2008, 11:24 AM

Hells yeah..!!

Im taking my camera out tomorrow morning... I usually play the country club about 8am <yes im a member of a country club.. feel free to hate away.. it saves me a ton of money on golf since i play at least 5 times a week.

Well.. if anyone out there gets the itch, hit me up if you are not too far (more than 7hrs) i might have to drive down and play a round or 2 for a weekend..

Old 08-14-2008, 11:35 AM

I like to play, just don't get to play enough. I have played about 6 times this year. Had fun everytime.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:53 AM

I love golf!! Have been playing for close to 10 years now. I wish I was better but my game suffers when I don't get a chance to play much. Haven't had much of a chance to get out this year but I play as often as I can! It is one of the most frustrating/rewarding games you can play!

Old 08-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Retired Moderator

I spent about $700 on a King Cobra driver, Taylor Made 3 and 5 wood a few years ago. I used them for a few months and haven't played since. I am just one of those guys that will NEVER be good at it no matter how hard I try. It is a fun game, though.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:17 PM

I play at least once a week. I have a very nice Jack Nicklaus -designed course (The Bear Trace) 4 miles from my house. The course meanders through the woods and by the lake, so I often see deer running across the fairways.

Quick Reply: Anyone else play alot of golf?