Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anybody seen the new Harley ad?

Old 10-31-2006, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody seen the new Harley ad?

I think it ran during the NASCRAP race last Sunday. It showed some sheep, and then a black one kinda took off on his own, not following the white sheep. Then other black ones fell in with the "rogue" black sheep. Now, I didn't know as I was watching that this was a Harley ad, but I thought it would make a good ad for Honda, Kawasaki, or Suzuki as the black sheep, and the Harleys as the white sheep. Anyway, finally, with G&R playing in the background, the black sheep all show up at a Harley rally, with bikes parked all over the street, much like Sturgis. The irony got to me. Harley riders ARE sheep! They all ride bikes that look alike, they all dress alike...they're SHEEP!

Old 10-31-2006, 06:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anybody seen the new Harley ad?

Preach on brother mininsx! [sm=exactly.gif]

Old 10-31-2006, 06:28 PM

I agree. The lone biker image that Harley riders used to have has all but been demolished over the past 10 years. Harley's used to be hard to find, but now they produced at such a high volume that every +40 year old has one.

Old 10-31-2006, 06:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Flip

I agree. The lone biker image that Harley riders used to have has all but been demolished over the past 10 years. Harley's used to be hard to find, but now they produced at such a high volume that every +40 year old has one.
ohh crap does that mean I have to trade in my 06 rr in 3 years? well I guess I'll get prepaired by taking 6 blocks to get it up to 65 and not go over 70 on the highway... what else... ohh crap got to get used to pushin the damn thing to the side of the road every 15 or so miles. hhhhmmmmm have to get an old lady that dont mind pushin it for me

Old 10-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Retired Moderator

Ya, what's up with that? Did some ad exec actually think that a Harley is a unique vehicle? No...but I guess it helps reassure the Harley riding public that they have made a smart purchase. Excuse me, I'll be back in about twenty minutes when I stop laughing!

Old 10-31-2006, 09:28 PM

And another thing-this ad is actually saying that Harley riders are like sheep! I can't imagine the Harley management approving the ad in the first place!

Old 10-31-2006, 10:44 PM

ohh crap does that mean I have to trade in my 06 rr in 3 years?
No, means you give the bike to me. lol

Old 11-01-2006, 01:43 AM

Matt-What's up with the Avatar? Were all motorcycle enthusiast here, but we don't need to see your bi's.[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 11-01-2006, 01:51 AM

come on man, everyone has there own tastes. I don't rag on other riders. I prefer sport bikes but some people just like to cruise.. its a personal prefrence

Old 11-01-2006, 03:05 AM

I have no respect for a company who sells more stickers shirts and other b.s. items than bikes. And I have a bike in my garage for a reason to ride. i didnt buy it to clean and pull out and rev like the guy next door to me then put it back. He loves when i pull out the 600 with my homemade full system and bounce it off the limiter real quick while his **** has no tach and all screaming eagle parts and sounds just like my vstar650 with samson pipes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody seen the new Harley ad?