Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any one trailer their bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any one trailer their bikes?

Seriously though, the only time any of mine sees a trailer is if it is broken down or a deer has taken it out of commision. Knock wood, that doesn't happen often at all. Why trailer a bike to the place you are going to ride it? So you look cool riding your bike and can pretend you're a badass? I see that all the time with Harley guys coming to my town for the H-D festivals. Motel lots full of SUVs with empty trailers...GTFO! If you're going to own it, ride the goddam thing!
And taking a vaction in a cage with the bike on the back doesn't seem like a vacation to me at all. Taking a vaction on a bike with camping gear on the back, now THAT sounds like fun.
My $.02

Old 11-09-2008, 12:53 PM

with the four banger you might notice it a bit but you would be fine. Three bikes behind my truck with a v6 and i cant even tell they are there. one bike is like having four extra people in your car.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:25 PM

I pulled 1500 lbs from NM to IN in July with my Durango, 5.9 V8. I knew it has back there by the fuel economy but as far as towing I could not tell.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: 51plymouth

Seriously though, the only time any of mine sees a trailer is if it is broken down or a deer has taken it out of commision. Knock wood, that doesn't happen often at all. Why trailer a bike to the place you are going to ride it? So you look cool riding your bike and can pretend you're a badass? I see that all the time with Harley guys coming to my town for the H-D festivals. Motel lots full of SUVs with empty trailers...GTFO! If you're going to own it, ride the goddam thing!
And taking a vaction in a cage with the bike on the back doesn't seem like a vacation to me at all. Taking a vaction on a bike with camping gear on the back, now THAT sounds like fun.
My $.02

You're preaching to someone that rides year round. The idea for me to trailer my bike is just in case something happens to my bike. I cant just call someone up to pick me and my bike up hundreds of miles away.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Hoosier1104

I pulled 1500 lbs from NM to IN in July with my Durango, 5.9 V8. I knew it has back there by the fuel economy but as far as towing I could not tell.

Its a durango. It gets bad mileage hauling itself.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:02 PM

lol same with my truck. it gets 18 with nothing behind it and 17 with a full load. 15 with a boat. it all sucks, thats why i ride everywhere when i can.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn Ranger, low blow . it was a joke. i would only trailer/haul to trackdays though.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: 51plymouth

My $.02
Yeah, well.... send me a pic of how you load 2 people, tent, 2 sleeping bags, cook stove, cooler with food, clothes and what ever else a woman needs to pack onto a CBR 1000rr and I may consider it........ till then, for me, trailering is the difference betweenbeing able to ride on vacation or leaving it at home.........

Old 11-09-2008, 04:36 PM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

damn Ranger, low blow . it was a joke. i would only trailer/haul to trackdays though.

Bitches dont know about my "low blow".

Old 11-09-2008, 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Rod38um

Yeah, well.... send me a pic of how you load 2 people, tent, 2 sleeping bags, cook stove, cooler with food, clothes and what ever else a woman needs to pack onto a CBR 1000rr and I may consider it........ till then, for me, trailering is the difference betweenbeing able to ride on vacation or leaving it at home.........
Taking a vacation with the wife doesn't sound like a vacation to me either
Get her her own bike, she can pack her own gear...problem solved. My parents circumnavigated North America last summer on a pair of BMW F650's, some 6000 miles round trip in a little over a month. Camped every night but one.
Not making you wrong, just saying it's possible. And, there is a TON of touring gear out there being made just for the 1000rr, from helibars, gps mounts, and high-profile windscreens to expandable soft luggage and bags...Cycle World (or Motorcyclist...don't remember which) had a dediacted article about it earlier in the year. Stuff was relatively cheap too...I want to say they clocked in the full conversion (bars, windscreen, giant tail duffle, twin saddlebags, and monster tankbag) for a little less than a grand.

Quick Reply: Any one trailer their bikes?