Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

any golfers out there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: any golfers out there?

If you call burning worms, hitting fat, and shanking the ball golf...then I'm your man. I went out last year and bought a Taylor made 3 & 5 wood as well as a Cobra driver and didn't even play once this season. I am the worst golfer I've ever seen but as I've heard it said: it's just like sex, you don't have to be good to have fun!

Old 10-20-2006, 01:26 PM

I used to play a lot in HS and college when my family had a club membership and i had a lot of free time. I got my handicap down to a 10. Now, with work 5 days a week and weekends full of other stuff i'm happy if i break 90.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:11 AM

I play golf at least once a week with my dad. I have been playing since I was 8 years old, and my dad has been playing for about 35 years (he's 58 YO). I shoot about 80-85, and my dad gets pissed if he shoots over 75. I'm playing in a tournament later today, and I can't wait.
In order, my hobbies are: sex, riding, golf

A lot of times when I play golf I'll make my wife or dad come pick up my clubs and shoes so I can ride my bike to the course. That way, I get the best of both worlds.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:21 PM

I need to get back into it and get my lazy *** walking. Played last year was shooting like 3-5 over par on average. The company has a tourney coming up i need to whip some of those old rich bastards asses.(who sign my check ha!)_

Old 10-24-2006, 06:44 PM

Ive just started to play this year and lemmie tell ya ive gaid alot of respect for the people who can golf. Ive been 2 times this year and did horrible but had a blast. I need to get a set of nice beginners clubs but I dont want crap either.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:19 PM

Golfer here go out to the range about 3 times a week got slingshots in my bag and the Sasquatch best damn driver ive ever had

Old 10-24-2006, 07:52 PM

I play as much as humanly possible if that is maybe 2 or 3 times a month if that. With working 2 jobs and being military you do not have much free time. But when I have a chance I take full advantage.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:56 PM

I need to get back into it and get my lazy *** walking
+1-highrevver
i finally went to the driving range,i usually start with a 7-iron and just warm-up
then i get to work on what is causing the most problems-seems like the last
couple of years-everthing!!![sm=boohoo.gif].did alright with the irons
-when i pulled my driver-the first hit,the ball sliced so bad i thought
it was going to come back to the tee box.finally got most shots to draw
or fade-but not very reliable.i need to get out and practice more so when i do play i
wont knock a ball into someones living room and take-out a tv set[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
just miss being on the course playing golf,drinking beer,and hitting on the
cart girls!!

Old 10-24-2006, 11:08 PM

A good set of irons that won't set you back too much $$$ is Tommy Armour 845's Oversized with steel shafts. P-3 shouldn't set you back more than $175 used.
I like the Sasquatch, but I don't think it's as good as the Taylor Made V-steel. The V-Steel sounds a lot better, and I think it's easier to hit.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:00 PM

Come on now, ping is the driver g2. I use the titleist DCI irons from 01', the best thing in my bag though is my putter scotty camron futura.. God I love that putter.