Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

any golfers out there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any golfers out there?

golf[sm=bounceybounce.gif]any golfers on this forum??

Old 10-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Default RE: any golfers out there?

Havent played in about a year becuase I havent had the extra time. But do get out a goto the driving ranges sometimes.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:33 PM

I used to be a golfing machine up until a few years ago.

I would literally golf 7 days a week. My work paid for a membership at a 9-hole course. But it wasn't an easy course with tiny little postage stamp sized greens with steep slopes on some. I would walk 9 holes every morning before work, then 18 at other courses on Sat & Sun. Got my handicap down to a 5.

Then I got some crap wrong with the skin on my hands. They would crack and split open and bleed and were painful as all get out. I would golf and have bandaids and bandages under my golf gloves (I would wear a glove on each hand). Finally, it just got too bad and I had to give it up.

Good thing about it though, I now have A LOT more time to go riding!

Old 10-19-2006, 11:37 PM

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

Havent played in about a year becuase I havent had the extra time. But do get out a goto the driving ranges sometimes.
about the same here-i miss it,used to go out and play all the time-esp when i lived in new orleans(pre katrina)
moved back to dfw-went out with my father alot-but he had a heart attack and died(right in front of my eyes)
-i am still not over it-but lately i am finding myself missing the golf-esp my father
o8

Old 10-19-2006, 11:41 PM

I like to play golf... its the only sport where a white man can dress like a black pimp and be socially acceptable.

Seriously though I enjoy golf, have for years. Its too bad that golf is cut short much like riding with the snow falling

Old 10-19-2006, 11:43 PM
VP

about the same here-i miss it,used to go out and play all the time-esp when i lived in new orleans(pre katrina)
moved back to dfw-went out with my father alot-but he had a heart attack and died(right in front of my eyes)
-i am still not over it-but lately i am finding myself missing the golf-esp my father
o8
Pretty sad story man, I'm sorry to hear that. That has to be tough on you when you go out.

On a lighter note: I live at a country club just so I can play more often... my handi is about 15 now but winters right around the corner so I should get some great playing time (Georgia = no snow=year round riding/golfing)

Old 10-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frisbee or wrist rocket ????? Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 10-19-2006, 11:56 PM

ORIGINAL: telgren

I like to play golf... its the only sport where a white man can dress like a black pimp and be socially acceptable.

Seriously though I enjoy golf, have for years. Its too bad that golf is cut short much like riding with the snow falling
so your a pimp-daddy golfer!![sm=smiley20.gif]
o8
[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 10-20-2006, 11:36 AM

ORIGINAL: outsider8

ORIGINAL: telgren

so your a pimp-daddy golfer!![sm=smiley20.gif]
o8
[sm=alcoholic.gif]
Haha not quite to the extent of the plaid pants, but if you got the bling might was well represent right?

Old 10-20-2006, 12:04 PM

I like to hit the links, its hard sometimes to split between riding and the wife. There are a few nice courses around Knoxville. I played a month ago and shot an 83 thats my best, so I said I was done for the yr, like to go out with a good score.