Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any Gee-Tawr players here?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Gee-Tawr players here?

I recently sold nearly all my musical gear, (guitars, V-Amp Pro, Voodoo Valve, Cali Pedal, etc.) to help my son's band out.
(He's young enough to still have dreams of being a Rock and Roll star...as opposed to me who is old enough to not be would be the jist.)

Anyway, was looking through some of my old wave, wma, and mp3 files of my playing that I made over the last 3 years and came across
something that could turn into a jam along.

So...sample of the intro..leads...drum, rythym file...all playing by your's truly here:

Sample of what it might go like

And loopable rythym and drum backing track I made, minus leadwork, that you can loop, edit as you see fit:

Rythym and drum track only

Just was bored and thought it might be fun if we have any jammers here or whatever.

Or not...just thought I'd throw it out there.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Default RE: Any Gee-Tawr players here?

Some cool riffs there man. I play some guitar and bass myself. I play bass in a progressive rock/ska band and guitar to try and seduce women.

I play an Ibanez Ergodyne bass through a 100 watt Ibanez combo bass amp. For bass effects I have a digitech bass effects processor

For guitar I have an Ibanez RG320DX that I run through a Fender Frontman 110 25 watt amp. Big enough for my purposes. I really think my effects are a bit small as I can't afford to buy new things at the moment. I have a Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS-1 and BD-2, an Ibanez fuzz pedal and a Danelectro FabTone. In addition to that I have a big boss effects processor, but I'd eventually like to have individual pedals for the things I use on that.
I also have an Oscar Schmidt acoustic.
Unfortunately I don't have anything recorded to share though I would like to. Hopefully we'll see some more strummers/pickers that know their way around a CBR.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:07 PM

Cool...least you jam.

I was going to post this in my usual musical circles, but they are all wanting me to get some gear back and hear some new stuff.

And I don't blame them.

Anyhoo...
ORIGINAL: elmer

Some cool riffs there man. I play some guitar and bass myself. I play bass in a progressive rock/ska band and guitar to try and seduce women.

I play an Ibanez Ergodyne bass through a 100 watt Ibanez combo bass amp. For bass effects I have a digitech bass effects processor

For guitar I have an Ibanez RG320DX that I run through a Fender Frontman 110 25 watt amp. Big enough for my purposes. I really think my effects are a bit small as I can't afford to buy new things at the moment. I have a Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS-1 and BD-2, an Ibanez fuzz pedal and a Danelectro FabTone. In addition to that I have a big boss effects processor, but I'd eventually like to have individual pedals for the things I use on that.
I also have an Oscar Schmidt acoustic.
Unfortunately I don't have anything recorded to share though I would like to. Hopefully we'll see some more strummers/pickers that know their way around a CBR.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:38 PM

I'm at work, so no music player at this time, but I've been playing since I was about 8-9 (30 now). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play for the last year due to a bike v/s deer accident followed by a botched surgery--go back in for another surgery next week, so hopefully I'll be picking again within the next few months. I'm a Gibson man mostly, couple of SG's and an acoustic, plus some other odds and ends (Dean del Sol, 6-string banjo, BC Rich mockingbird). I play it all through a rack system which gets new gear swapped in and out of it far too often.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: 51plymouth

I'm at work, so no music player at this time, but I've been playing since I was about 8-9 (30 now). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play for the last year due to a bike v/s deer accident followed by a botched surgery--go back in for another surgery next week, so hopefully I'll be picking again within the next few months. I'm a Gibson man mostly, couple of SG's and an acoustic, plus some other odds and ends (Dean del Sol, 6-string banjo, BC Rich mockingbird). I play it all through a rack system which gets new gear swapped in and out of it far too often.
I guess I'll forgive you for being a Gibson man. (Fender Strat man all the way here).

When I broke both bones in my arm/wrist in 94 in my ZX-6 crash, the thing that got my wrist and everything working again was playing guitar again.

My bones didn't heal exactly right either, but playing helped me through it. Hurt for a while, especially with barre chords, but eventually...

Might give it a try. Was good therapy for me.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:40 PM

so wait, you play that heavy stuff using a strat? What kind of pickups are you using? I don't really know because thats not what I play mostly, but I would have thought some kind of humbucker setup would be more appropriate.
I'm guessing I'm way further down on the experience curve though. Thoughts anyone?

Old 12-11-2007, 06:55 PM

my ears are bleeding.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:46 PM

My wrist/fingers are fine--the radius never healed, so there are two ends floating around in my arm where there should be one bone. On top of that, the titanium plate that was supposed to hold them together has broken, and the two separate bone halves have rotated 90 degrees from each other, and there is a 25 degree bend on top of that. Put your pointer fingers together tip to tip--now rotate them 90 degrees and then form a v-shape--THEN pull them apart a half inch...that's what the bone in my arm looks like. I could play IF I could wrap my hand/wrist around the neck...that is the rotation/movement that I don't have. Good times...

Old 12-11-2007, 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: 51plymouth

My wrist/fingers are fine--the radius never healed, so there are two ends floating around in my arm where there should be one bone. On top of that, the titanium plate that was supposed to hold them together has broken, and the two separate bone halves have rotated 90 degrees from each other, and there is a 25 degree bend on top of that. Put your pointer fingers together tip to tip--now rotate them 90 degrees and then form a v-shape--THEN pull them apart a half inch...that's what the bone in my arm looks like. I could play IF I could wrap my hand/wrist around the neck...that is the rotation/movement that I don't have. Good times...
Had no idea it was that bad bro.

That sucks. My sympathies.

It hurt my fingers just reading about that.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:21 PM

Hey, no prob. Sorry to thread-jack. Back to guitars...YAY!

BTW--I'm home now and could listen to the link. Hooray for Metal!

Quick Reply: Any Gee-Tawr players here?