Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any Freestyle Bike Riders Here (im talking bicycles)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 08:35 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Freestyle Bike Riders Here (im talking bicycles)

I used to bike alot when I was younger and just recently kinda felt like getting back into some street riding. I have a Haro Mirra 540 Air... great bike but i was young and dumb when i got it

the damn things a vert bike and weights a arm and a leg...

so here is my question what kinda frames and such are you guy using now adays? Back when i was riding haro, diamond back and those brands were popular....

im looking for a light frame, but build strong i only weight 135lbs. so i dont need some super tough frame...

I will say the lightest bike i ever owned was my chromoly Dyno VFR back in the day and that was plenty bike for me, but I got rid of it

Old 11-29-2010, 08:41 AM

i had a haro mirra 540,haro nyquist x3 and boi those are heavy bikes....

I ride dirt so i have a Fit frame withalot of aftemarket parts and my bike weighs about 26 lbs which is very llight compared to my 32-35 lbs haros (I foget the exact wieht but its around there)but the haros are built to last whereas my lighter bike isnt as stong but very easy to move around

I havent rode much in the last few years cuz of my baby maker bit&*es at me cuz I crash/injured alot.......hince the name CRASHKING..lol

ill try finding some pics of some big air

Old 11-29-2010, 08:47 AM

yea i rode a nyquist compared to the mira and its alot lighter but the dyno was by far the lightest...

im just lookin for some cheap frame to start with (in the future moneys to tight right now), the mira is way to heavy for street stuff.... attempting to manual is a joke with such a heavy front end... i will admit though ive had the bike a long time and am yet to replace a single part on it...

haha but neither of my brakes work

Old 11-29-2010, 09:09 AM

take ur brakes off everything cables,levers
strip everything on the bike
get a primo powerbite 3pc crank-$109.99
get plastic pedals
28/10t sprockets
slam ur seat down all the way and cut off the remaining post
get a new seat that stock one is comfy but heavy get a pivotal one-20.00

this should lighten ur bike up some...I used to go to a place in STL called ramp riders and ive seen ppl in there with the mirra/nyquist frame doing the same/if not more things that the ppl with new style of bikes can do..

I like the fit bikes co imo

Old 11-29-2010, 09:44 AM

thx for the tips crash...

ide be more than glad to ditch the brakes... ide like to go with more of a bmx style brake set up anyway rather than the gyro... they grab alot better

Old 11-29-2010, 10:04 AM

crazy kids now days dont even use brakes....makes you go harder and no backing out of a jump or whatever....
yeah the gyros suck now days...back when we where kids they were hella cool and now days no one really uses them and like I said most kids dont have brakes/cables to get tangles so no need for the gyro

Old 11-29-2010, 10:04 AM

lol yea im to big of a chicken to ditch them all together (ill just run a long cable to give me some extra slack) ... i use my bike for riding around town too so i kinda want them haha... an ya gyro was the cool thing way back when now i look at it and how poorly my brakes grab and just shake my head haha...

regardless crash you got any extra crap layin around that you dont want that youde be willing to hook a brother up with?

and if i take the gyro off my neck will everything still be okay or should i just keep it on since it may or may not be required as a spacer?

Old 11-29-2010, 10:54 AM

I might have some salt pedals that came off my buddies WTP bike i could send you but other than that I already got rid of most of my stuff

im pretty sure youll be ok with out the gyro...its been so long since I have taken one off but like I said im 90% sure you can still ride w/o any mods if you take it off

and that what I have is just a long cable for rear brakes...I think a year or two ago I got my brake kit(cables,brake lever,everything) for around20-30 if that

and if you dont already knowhttp://www.danscomp.com/is the best place to buy stuff...or at least it was when I was into bmx hella

Old 11-29-2010, 11:03 AM

yea i was lookin there... their stuff is hella pricey haha....

i was checkin egay and found some good deals haha

Old 11-29-2010, 11:08 AM

Quick Reply: Any Freestyle Bike Riders Here (im talking bicycles)