Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any Diabetics that ride out there?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Diabetics that ride out there?

My new Endo told me it wasn't safe but since I was a kid all my DR.s told me I could always live a normal life. What's more normal than livin' on two wheels (or one)!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 02:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Any Diabetics that ride out there?

Welcome fellow sucrose junkies, Just kid'n, I;m the guy that put the Li'l debbies snack cake guy's kid thru college, bought the other kids braces !!!!!!!!!!!
Ok... my story of diagnosis, fat kid, only one over 100lb, in 2nd grade. 6' -200lb at 12, 6'4"- 285 at 17, so far so good... cut to the chase !!!!!!!!. 4 years ago, at 44, I'd been chugging 10 liters of coke classic, scarfing two full size marrion berry pies a night for a week. lost the ability to read stop signs or sleep, after the 2nd day. Day seven, i'm 3/4 blind, halucenating I'm jerry Garcia... At 3:00 am, the er. nurse finds my cling'n to a wall, spread eagle. CUT TO THE CHASE !!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sit'n in my safe well lit er room, when the dr. comes back w/ my blood work results... and he's laugh'n, 'cause when he was away, I snuck into the cafateria, and got 8 huge glasses of water and they were sit'n there, on the counter, each w/ it's own straw, for easy access. I got good news... not nutz, the big D, 463#. I was so happy I hugged him !!!!!!!
I'm blessed, I control w/ exr., diet and prayer, no meds, after the first year, steady as she goes. I'm carefull to keep food in me, as I can get sleepy and dumb, if i start to crash. Feet get cold, ( 1st year ever for slippers) I hate being responsible, finally. clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 05-13-2006, 04:47 PM

Hell yeah I ride. I have type 1 and wear an insulin pump. I clip the pump right on my belt and tuck the hose in my pants and go. Never had a problem with it being in my way. Im glad someone posted something about diabetics. You forget sometimes that you're not alone.

Old 05-14-2006, 05:05 AM

I am Type II Diabetic, I have been riding since I was 24 years old. I am 44 now and burning up my second F2 and my third motorcycle overall. Watching my diet sucks, but my sweet tooth is satisfied with the bugs that stick to my teeth as I ride with a big ol' smile on my face Juicy Dragonflies are the tastiest !

Glad I'm American, Glad to be Alive, Glad my Endocrine Doctor is female and so darn pretty..

Old 05-14-2006, 12:58 PM

My sister in Ohio is a type 1, I think, she drive's semi's haulin part's for Chrysler and ride's a.........(dirty word)........Harley [:'(]

Old 05-14-2006, 04:02 PM

I my endo is BEAUTIFUL too. I think she's Phillapino. Long black hair to her ***, 5' 2"-3", nice body/face but a personality of a block of wood. Either she doesn't like bikes or has a stick up her ***. I don't know what her problem is but anyway, have any of your Endo DR.s told you not to ride because of your diabeties? I guess she doesn't understand. W/ a smile on my face and about 5% serious I told her I would bring another helmet to take her for a ride. Don't get me wrong I was playing around but If she said yeah I'd be on it. She looked at me and said she would rather jump out of a plane w/out a chute. She was dead serious!!!! You know when a cop is pissed about life and pulls you over and goes though the routine. Just like that. I wonder if she knows you have a 99.8% chance of dieing if jump out a plane w/ out a chute. I hope my odds aren't that bad when I'm riding. LOL!