Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Another reason police are good for nothing....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another reason police are good for nothing....

ORIGINAL: FITZ

I dont know about other states but I know here in Ohio if you see a drunk driver you can just call 1-800-DUI. I have never called it so I dont really know how they handle things like that. Atleast you called and did everything you could.

We have called it a few times and it has worked. I don't like to rat anyone out, but it's my life out there and others as well.

I find that most of the time when you need a cop they are not there, but you mess around just once and they are right on your ***.

I just hope the lady did not hurt anyone.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:44 AM

Little fuel to the fire,

My SO is on her way to bring our daughter to my parents place for the day. She just called meto let me know that she is heading out there, and I can hear our daughter crying in the background. She tells me that she pulled over to check her and putgive herthe nookie when a cop pulls behind her. Now I can understand a cop checking to make sure nothings wrong.Instead of offering help, he gets her license to run it, prolonging the time that the baby is uncomfortable and crying just making life difficult for everyone except for the cop with nothing better to do.

Why must it always be mandatory for cops to do this? I bet that if she were in a Mercedes SUV dressed in fur, the cop would have offered a helping hand, and then without further to do, would have just left. No running for warrants, no taking up citizens time…these kinds of events are what make many people ignore law enforcement and wish to not be bothered.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

but it's easy to see how people build a prejudice, just like enforcement does aganst young people.
Just like people here bash GSXR riders and cops...

I know what you're saying about the, "dealing with it yourself" kind of stuff. That's usually the problem...

You get an ignorant group of neighbors calling the cops on each other all the time, next thing you know the cops hear the address and roll their eyes to each other. It's called complacency and every groupd of human individuals is guilty of it at some point.

It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is. As long as people abuse the system for their own ridiculous reasons you're going to have ****ty response times in certain areas. Not saying that's what happened at all in this case. And for that matter - I completely agree that the OP has a right to feel slighted.

BUT - if you want people to take you seriously and treat you as if you're not a conclusion jumper, plead your case in a civilizedmanner otherwise the thread turns into reciprocatingignorance with massive sweeping generalizations. This thread may have had "noble" (I use that word lightly) intentions, but the title, the body and the point just scream, "look, I'm 12 and don't have a clue!"

Again, we wouldn't accept it if someone was talking about blacks or Marines. And I think anyone could make an arguement about both (and many other) groups of people if we just pick and choose what we want to discuss.

You want to discuss how people are careless and ignorant? We can name any number of large groups and do that. I just don't see it becoming of the forum...

Just like this nonsense that for some reason is tolerated.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:25 AM

Civilized Manner - The Politically Correct Way!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Banned

Northern, if you really care to discuss it, there's a good reason.

You would **** your pants if you knew how many people are walking around with warrants for unpaid fines. MONEY.

It's required by almost every agency that ANY PERSON you come into contact with is run for 28/29 (wants/warrants check). Also keep in mind that isn't alll.

Most agencies now also have in place racial profiling reports. Which MUST BE DONE for EVERY SINGLE PERSON THEY COME INTO CONTACT WITH WHILE ON DUTY. That doesn't mean just walking by, it means if for some reason you and a police officer have come into personal contact, he will run your name and SSN/drivers license number and after you leave he gets to fill out a (****ing PITA) racial profiling report.

Like it or not, that's why. He's not picking on anyone. Everytime he keys his radio to say he will be stopped with a motorist it is recorded. If he doesn't run someone for warrants, his supervisors will know. If he doesn't have RP (racial profiling) sheets filled out, his supervisor will know.

Just like anything else failure to do your job results in disciplinary actions.

Would you do your job or get fired? And no, you can't say, "I wouldn't be a cop." Eveyrone has a job to do. You've got to be fair.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Banned

P.S. If you're not going to be fair here about it, you're no better than cops who are abusing authority and, "not being fair."

Think about it.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:01 AM

I'm happy to hear a legitimate reason behind why they do such. It makes sense, not saying that I agree with that policy, but I understand where you’re coming from.

There again, that’s why I choose to take care of things myself. I’d rather not speak with an officer if I don’t have to. It seems that their all out to get whatever dirt they can to write out a citation or some form of ticket. To me, “to serve and protect” seems to have been twisted into “Accuse then build evidence”.

Mind you, that I have had my fair amount of run-ins with the law, so it’s hard for me to come off without a prejudice against law enforcement. Take it or leave it, that’s my stand on law enforcement.

As for the topic at hand, snowboarding82 did everything in his power to “do what was right” and he has every right to feel that he was let down by Janesville PD. There’s always going to be people that don’t jive with the law, and this is just a valid case to prove why he feels the way he does about cops. Plain and simple.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Banned

Yeah, again, I don't blame him for being upset. I just don't care for the way he worded it. Any of it, lol.

To be honest though, Northern, that is a perfect example of people just not knowing everything behind the scenes. AND it's not that you should, there is no reason for the majortiy of the public to concern themselves with it.

Again, I just think to have an opinion worth valuing, it's in the best interest to have some knowledge behind it. And I'm not talking to you, just everyone, ya know?

+1 handling your own business.

Also, FWIW, I was the BIGGEST dichotomy in LE, I think. As a young kid and man I have been to jail plenty and had my share of, "run ins." Hell, I was a pot smoking skater kid who loved to fight until I was about 20.

Now I just smoke pot and resqpectfully request that if you are a meathead/knucklehead to stay the eff away from me, lol. I hate meatheads, I'm about having a good time everytime.

Yeah, you should have seen my family when they heard I was accepted into the LE acedemy, lol. Actually, anyone that ever knew me for that matter!

Old 04-21-2008, 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Yeah, you should have seen my family when they heard I was accepted into the LE acedemy, lol. Actually, anyone that ever knew me for that matter!
I can only imagine

Old 04-21-2008, 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

This thread may have had "noble" (I use that word lightly) intentions, but the title, the body and the point just scream, "look, I'm 12 and don't have a clue!"
I'm actually 9.... You are in law enforcement and you smoke pot? I don't care whether you do or don't, but, if you see me selling drugs are you going to arrest me?

If I ever have a good encounter with an officer I will tell the world. I'm still waiting for the day that I feel that the officer has good intentions and makes me feel like he WANTS to help people. Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings on here it's not my intention to bash themembers on here, don't take it personally. I work for a credit union, if someone wants to come on here and complain about how anyone in the financial industry pisses them off because they got some overdrafts and they think it's BS fine I won't care, I'm sorry to hear it. If you don't want to hear a 9 year old complain about something they think is BS don't read it. /shrug

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty darn sure that the dispatcher people are not working inside of a 4'x4' pitch black room with no human contact for 10 hours a day. I would assume it'sa call center with many desks all over the place and they wait for calls to come in. I don't really care if she tells jokes or not or has fun at work, we all do. I just didn't think I was being taken seriously for a serious matter.

Sorry next time I see any sort of crime I'll make sure to just ignore it since when I try to do something that I think is right and nothing happens and I get frustrated thenI'm a bad person.

Mike

Quick Reply: Another reason police are good for nothing....