Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Another reason police are good for nothing....

Old 04-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another reason police are good for nothing....

Today we took a ride from Milwaukee WI to ALMOST Dubuque IA, total travel 358miles today. A pretty darn good time but man oh man am I sore. Anyway, on the way back we stopped in Janesville WI to stretch and get some water. As my passenger was inside of Walgreens using the bathroom a lady pulls up to me in an SUV and asks me "are shyou from aroundshhere?" The was totally slurring her words and it looked like she was hiding something in her car. I informed her I was also from out of town and when I asked her where she was from she replied "oh just St. Louis." I talked to her for maybe 5minutes and was just like ok whatever.

My passenger came out and then I headed into the bathroom. When I got back out I said "I think the lady that was in that SUV is either drunk or retarded!" and kind of laughed it off. She said "Well I think you're right about being drunk she just threw a vodka bottle out of her car and kicked it." I look under the car next to her and sure enough a Smirnoff vodka bottle with a small puddle. We both agree that the police should be called because it would be just my luck she would hit US on the way home. I have no idea what the local number is so I call 911.

I called at 4:13pm. I told the dispatcher I want to report what I believe is a drunk driver because I don't want someone getting hurt. She says "ok please hold for just a moment sir." She comes back on the line maybe 15 seconds later laughing and says "ok so you want to report a drunk driver?" She asks me where I am, what the vehicle looks like, the lady looks like the license plate number, my name, and my phone number. I give her the cross streets and give her the rest of the info and say that the lady is currently inside wallgreens. The dispatcher said to me that she would send an officer over right away.

About 5minutes goes by and ms drunky come out of Wallgreens and then turns around and goes back inside. She comes out another 5minutes later gets in her car and starts backing out of her stall. I ran up to her to try to stall. At this point I realize she is drunk when I'm all up in her window. I just BSed with her about where she was going and if she found out her directions and all that nonsense trying to keep her there. 4:37 comes and I'm all out of BS and the lady asks another guy just walking through the parking lot directions and he gives them to her, she thanks both of us and drives away.

We wonder where the cops are. We take maybe 5minutes to put on all of our gear jump on the bike and start to head to the freeway. About 2 miles down the road my passenger yells "hey look theres a cop!" We pass him and he is driving slower than molasses (sure the speed limit is only 25 on that road) and he's on his cell phone laughing. What is so funny about working in law enforcement anyway?! Is everything a Fing joke? I don't get it but whatever laugh away, he was probably talking to the dispatcher.

So I stall this lady for 25minutes to try to keep her off the road and from killing me and the pigs can't make it there?! Ok I've seen the fat pigs come flying down the road with lights and sirens blaring and have turned into McDonalds then just turn off and go inside. What a freaking joke!!!! All I have to say is if anyone likes to drink and drive do it in Janesville WI and you'll be ok, they're a bunch of retards there that don't care about anything but a funny joke!!!

After I changed my degree from Computer Science to Criminal Justice (because I wanted to be a cop) I was all excited! Now I'm glad I changed it again to business finance because I just wouldn't want 90% of the world to hate me that much.

Mike

Sorry that was very long I just realized. lol

Old 04-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Default RE: Another reason police are good for nothing....

lol wow, well here in VA virginia beach its not like that i can guarantee that

Old 04-20-2008, 09:00 PM
RCR

Don't know what to say, but hopefully the lady made it without killing anyone.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:41 PM

thats terrible, its that kind of stuff that makes people forget there are good cops out there too

Old 04-21-2008, 12:13 AM

I dont know about other states but I know here in Ohio if you see a drunk driver you can just call 1-800-DUI. I have never called it so I dont really know how they handle things like that. Atleast you called and did everything you could.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:06 AM

Dude, I wish there was something I could do to change your mind. We're not all like that, trust me. If thats what you want to do with your life, figure out why you're doing it. If it's to better society, and to make a difference in the world, go for it. Make it a point to never be like that, and you will make a difference. It doesn't matter what other people do, as long as you do the right thing. Sorry you had a bad experience brother.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Banned

It really seems strange that they didn't jump all over a sure thing DUI, but I doubt there was a major crime spree going on.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:39 AM
Banned

The fact of the matter is, you have no clue what's going on in the communications room (dispatch), those girls are there 10 hours a day, IN complete darkness with sound-proof walls... they gotta keep themselves occupied somehow.

That being said, this thread is worthless the way you have written it.

I find it amusing that with all of the "respect" for everyone on here, cop bashing continues to be allowed. Turns out WE HAVE COPS AS MEMBERS. Do we not care if we offend them?

I personally think this is worthless and the mods should be all over it.

Your arguement was well-founded but you, for some reason, are unable to express your story objectively and even the thread title is assinine.

Find a better way to express yourself without offending other members for no reason, wouldya? I know it wouldn't fly if it was about Marines, black people, Chinese, Native Americans or whatever...

Enough is enough.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To further the point, you don't even know if that police officer ever even received the call. In my old home town, my ex called the police for a similiar situation and at the time, it went to the local precinct's dispatcher, which was hooked up to the 911 system. They were there in no time. Afterwords, the 911 system was switched to a central system for the county. A similiar call ended having the 911 operator saying...how do you know the other person was drunk. Now, I don't know for sure, but he did nearly take out a stranded car on the shoulder and couldn't maintain a straight line to save his life.

I've personally always had a decent experience with police officers. Except one officer that asked me a question, but when I tried to reply, he yelled at me for talking back. I just shut my mouth and went to court to fight it. Looking back, the officer was probably pissed that "some punk *** kid" was doing something so horribly wrong...but due the way the human brain operates (fills in the gaps) he only saw the tail end of something, and extrapolated the rest. I can't say I wouldn't have had the same attitude given what he observed.

I personally like the police. There are a few rotten eggs, but mostly they mean well.

I've had decent experiences. BTW, my old home town required that the police officers at least had a Bachelor's degree. Not sure if it makes a difference or not.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:26 AM

ORIGINAL: woo545

BTW, my old home town required that the police officers at least had a Bachelor's degree.
That's a good policy.

As for what happened, I'm with him for how things were handled. That's a fairlly large town and you'd think there would be a faster turnaround, but for all that's know, she was probably picked up after being on the road. In order to give here a DUI, she is supposed to be driving. Even thou they could get her with the vehicle running.

I'm not 100% against cops, I just rather take some things into my own hands. The way law enforcement operates varys from place to place, so it's hard to knock the system because of one town...but it's easy to see how people build a prejudice, just like enforcement does aganst young people.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another reason police are good for nothing....