Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Angry Male drivers

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Angry Male drivers

Been ridin for a few months after a 6 year break. Most of us can translate the looks and body lanuage of people on the street whether their in a car or walking. Especially the young ladies. But one thing i still havent figured out yet is the look of anger and pissed off-ness in some male drivers. Ive had one guy give me a type of death stare as i passed him in traffic. No speeding or tailgaiting or anything, just riding. He sorta sped up as to make his presence known. I was just like "whats your problem". I felt like he would have happily ran me off the road if he had a "reason" and no one else was around to see it. Ive experienced this "hostility" other times as well. I just dont understand why theyre so hating. Are they jealous? Dislike bikers? Envious? Do they see me on a crotch as a threat to their masculinity? I know this sounds dumb, but theres a subtle psychology happening on the street all the time.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

If your a girl and they can tell then yes, your hurting their pride by being much cooler and faster then them. Happens to my girlfriend on an almost daily basis riding her bright red daytona 675 around.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wave. That usually freaks em out!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:47 PM

No not wave at this kind of hostility. Def not the time u want to provoke. Especially this day and age best to get away. Average people with no history of anything are going postal.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might have been something you didn't see. Maybe he signaled to get over while in your blind spot or maybe he just thinks you're impeding on his human rights because your bike makes a noise that he doesn't appreciate. Pathetic mother ****ers will find any reason to try and hate you to make themselves feel better. Shrug it off. Most of the time I just feel bad for 'em... after all they're likely gonna be stuck in a "cage" for the rest of their lives.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:31 PM

Im a girl and do experience that a lot. But in most cases I manage do do quite some stupid things so that even the killing look turns to ridiculous laughter

Like my first trip on a ferry ouh god I was so nervous so I forgot that I had to use my cold start on getting off the ferry. I panicd and a truck driver was waiting behind me he wawed his middle finger and i saw him shouting some angry words (averagely fat with black cap, white tank top and large black mustassshhee, he was so funny). So I was sitting on my bike waiting for the cold start and bared his flashing lights. I pulled my head between my sholders, shaking and afraid that I am gonna drop my bike if I am gonna leave. I tryed to use my body language to him that he could go infront of me. But he stayed. At one point I was so sure he is gonna come off from his truck and kick my ***. Or bump me if I finally get away from there. Offcourse now every one around us were looking. Then Cause I was so nervouse I had somehow switched my red stop button aswell. And when I eventually got my bike started with a very loud roar. Imideatly I slapped my helmet As my face. So I showed him my blonde tail and shrugged my sholders. Suddenly on turn I could swear I saw him chuckle from laughter. I got off from the ship and away from the port very fast I was terrifyed!

Now I have worked a lot on the fact that I wouldnt get nervous in xtreme situations.

But it was all new.

Now If my face shows that I am in comfortable situation then usually I dont have any problems. Even angry looking drivers on road seem to be calmer that 2 yrs ago. I have also noticed that some cars speed more than I. But hey if you are searching life threatning thrill be my guest just let me enjoy my rideout

Old 02-28-2013, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by raylee
Might have been something you didn't see. Maybe he signaled to get over while in your blind spot or maybe he just thinks you're impeding on his human rights because your bike makes a noise that he doesn't appreciate. Pathetic mother ****ers will find any reason to try and hate you to make themselves feel better. Shrug it off. Most of the time I just feel bad for 'em... after all they're likely gonna be stuck in a "cage" for the rest of their lives.
Exactly. Like the poor Guy who pushes your bike over on it's side, then runs while you're in the Department store picking up a new pair of shoes, lol. God forbid. I'm convinced some people JUST don't like bikes OR bikers.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Missynet
Im a girl and do experience that a lot. But in most cases I manage do do quite some stupid things so that even the killing look turns to ridiculous laughter

Like my first trip on a ferry ouh god I was so nervous so I forgot that I had to use my cold start on getting off the ferry. I panicd and a truck driver was waiting behind me he wawed his middle finger and i saw him shouting some angry words (averagely fat with black cap, white tank top and large black mustassshhee, he was so funny). So I was sitting on my bike waiting for the cold start and bared his flashing lights. I pulled my head between my sholders, shaking and afraid that I am gonna drop my bike if I am gonna leave. I tryed to use my body language to him that he could go infront of me. But he stayed. At one point I was so sure he is gonna come off from his truck and kick my ***. Or bump me if I finally get away from there. Offcourse now every one around us were looking. Then Cause I was so nervouse I had somehow switched my red stop button aswell. And when I eventually got my bike started with a very loud roar. Imideatly I slapped my helmet As my face. So I showed him my blonde tail and shrugged my sholders. Suddenly on turn I could swear I saw him chuckle from laughter. I got off from the ship and away from the port very fast I was terrifyed!

Now I have worked a lot on the fact that I wouldnt get nervous in xtreme situations.

But it was all new.

Now If my face shows that I am in comfortable situation then usually I dont have any problems. Even angry looking drivers on road seem to be calmer that 2 yrs ago. I have also noticed that some cars speed more than I. But hey if you are searching life threatning thrill be my guest just let me enjoy my rideout
Nice, i'm sure it helps if irrational, impatient people know you're a Girl before they start acting like idiots. Drivers definitely react to us on the street. Some positive, some not so positive. We're somewhat of a rarity, at least where I am. It's always very cool when I see a Lady on a bike!

Old 02-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by outsider
No not wave at this kind of hostility. Def not the time u want to provoke. Especially this day and age best to get away. Average people with no history of anything are going postal.
Start riding with a gun on your hip. People stop doing stupid angry things when they know you can fight back.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

I still like to wave., Usually makes them feel like an a**hole.

Last edited by 74demon; 03-01-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Angry Male drivers