Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Am i crazy???

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Am i crazy???

Cruiser's aren't bad at all. In fact, I'm REALLY digging the Yamaha Raider with the performance pipes. They're comfortable and way more practical than a sportbike as an everyday commuter. But to be honest, THAT is the reason why I have a sportbike. I like the fact that it's impractical and harsh on the streets. I like the fact that I have to dress up like a freaking Power Ranger to go for a ride, I like the fact that I can lean the bike to what seems physically impossible......THEN lean some more. I like the fact that I can ride my bike to a track, complete a track day, then ride it home.

In all honesty, I can see myself owning a touring or cruiser.........BUT I would never be able to own one without my RR. I just couldn't do it. Recently we went to Durango, CO for the bike rally. Me and Hamster were the only TWO guys out of a few thousand bikes that were on sports. EVERYONE was on a cruiser or Harley. We stuck out like sore thumbs.......and I quite liked it (scary at times) but fun nonetheless. We rode through the mountains on borrowed cruisers and to be honest.......it was VERY comfortable and easy to ride. But when I saw a sportbike fly by, I INSTANTLY wanted to be on my RR.

So I don't know what I would do, but either way, you've already tasted the forbidden fruits of the sportbike, and you'll be craving it the rest of your life without it. You'll love the new bike, but miss the old one. Damned if you do, damned if you don't type of stuff I guess.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No. You are not crazy. Life is good when you have a different bike for every day of the week. If you can afford to have one (or more) of the bikes you want the toughest decision is which one do I ride today? 1987 Hurricane? 1996 yzf r6? 1997 or 2008 Gsxr750? or the new 2008 cbr100rr... All my choices fall into the sportbike category now but I had a cruiser in the past.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:38 AM

Never owned a Cruiser, (but a lot of stuff in between) Ridden a few though, some are better than others to, 1st time I scrapped the boards on one though, was in a not to bad corner (that I had taken 1000's of times without a problem) & I crapped myself, but they tell me you get used to it.
You go with what you want, worst scenario is you go on to another bike (sounds good to me).
Truth be told I'm kind of lusting after the Truimph Thruxton, but its only lust.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:21 AM

I don't think you're crazy. IMO two bikes would be great. Having a choice on what you want to ride for the day is great. I've owned Harleys and they're great for what they are, but they left me wanting more. I like to go fast, turn, and the occasional wheelie. A sport touring might be something to look at. Like the Triumph Speed Triple, or the Yamaha FZ-1. The speed triple is lots of fun. Rode my friends and had a blast. Loads of power, great braking, handles nice. Comfortable riding position, and riding 2-up is no problem. To each their own though. I always end up coming back to the pure sport bike.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:45 AM

You'd be crazy to follow the advice given by a bunch of sportbike riders if it went against what you really want. Do what you want and stand tall, freedom of choice is an awesome thing.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:05 PM

Rational thinking Adam. Keep us in the loop and let us know how it goes. BUT don't be surprised if you don't get the "wave" from me anymore....lol j/k

Old 09-17-2008, 06:07 PM

The Warrior is SEXY ! I chatted with a guy on one at a gas station, VERY nice bikes.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:31 PM

Warrior all day man. They have some killer aftermarket parts also. Bad ride.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:35 PM

Dude go for the Warrior. Sweet bike. I have only owned sport bikes, but kinda always wanted a cruieser. Everytime ive ridden one though i always felt like i was gonna drop it, so they take some getting used to. Like everyone else said though you will always want a CBR no matter what else you get. Good luck bro, and I'm sure you wont regret getting a new bike.

Quick Reply: Am i crazy???