Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Almost died today.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost died today.

I finally went to inspection today and the road I would take was closed because of a car accident involving a mazda and an 18 wheeler. On the way back because of the detour I was at an intersection where I was almost rear ended! On top of almost being rear ended a tractor trailer almost SQUASHED ME! Then everyone behind me had the nerve to lay on the horn because I was being extra cautious!

Here is the news story with a picture of the mazda! http://www.mycentraljersey.com/artic...18/1003/NEWS01

Old 05-20-2010, 07:58 PM

Look on the brightside at least ur still here to tell your tale.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the rear-end threat is the one that more riders need to think about. It happens much more than most people realize.
Ya gotta leave yourself that escape route and watch those mirrors when cars approach. People just don't see you sometimes. I like to flash my brake lights, too. Who gives a chit if people think it looks silly, it's my ***.

Glad you're ok, though, gump.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:42 PM

Yea thats the one that scares me is coming from behind, anytime i come to a stop where i'm gonna be there a little i give the bike like a 30* angle towards a escape route, not only can you get out of the way but its easier to see a bike like / then it is to see a bike l I plan on getting one of them back off modules. It may not be cool but it'll help me get home

Old 05-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I got hit in the rear by a big SUV a month ago so hard while I was sitting at a red light it moved my truck about 8 feet. The girl was crying because her boyfriend of 6 years had just broken up with her. I've been super paranoid ever since and I when I sit at a light I do nothing but look at my mirror.

Being rear ended sucks I'm super careful it wont happen on a bike

Old 05-21-2010, 03:54 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
I got hit in the rear by a big SUV a month ago so hard while I was sitting at a red light it moved my truck about 8 feet. The girl was crying because her boyfriend of 6 years had just broken up with her. I've been super paranoid ever since and I when I sit at a light I do nothing but look at my mirror.

Being rear ended sucks I'm super careful it wont happen on a bike

#1. Lucky you were in the truck!

#2. Did you get here number??? lol

Old 05-21-2010, 08:58 AM

To be honest I'm so paranoid about being rear ended now I put a big *** reflector underneath my break light. It looks ugly as hell but there might be a way that 1X4 inch reflector can save my life its worth it.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:29 AM

holy crap, thats scary. I always keep a look out in the mirror when I am stopped. Never really had any close calls like that though, thank goodness. glad to hear you are ok. watch out for people that cant drive they are everywhere.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gump
I finally went to inspection today and the road I would take was closed because of a car accident involving a mazda and an 18 wheeler. On the way back because of the detour I was at an intersection where I was almost rear ended! On top of almost being rear ended a tractor trailer almost SQUASHED ME! Then everyone behind me had the nerve to lay on the horn because I was being extra cautious!

Here is the news story with a picture of the mazda! http://www.mycentraljersey.com/artic...18/1003/NEWS01
The relevant bit
Lisa Pastrana, 44, was driving north on the road when she crossed over the double yellow line,

That's what gets us killed, right there !

Old 05-21-2010, 11:59 AM

I just read the news and a local rider was killed today It's possible I knew him through a local car forum.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/artic...11/1003/NEWS01

REAR ENDED!

Quick Reply: Almost died today.