Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

To all members

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: To all members

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

I gots Jewish relatives and I wish them a Merry Chrismas and they wish me a Happy Hanakuh (sp?) and it's all good. It's an honorable thing that you don't want to offend anyone -- but in my twisted mind any offense at that is in their own mind and THEY need to get over it

Ok, but some don't think that way and will tell you to take your advice and shove it...I'm not saying to do that, but I'm saying how some may think....we all know that there are ******** in this world...

Old 12-22-2005, 03:36 AM
Muz

Have a very merry christmas and a jolly good new year

Old 12-22-2005, 05:00 AM

Merry Christmas to you and everyone you love...

Old 12-22-2005, 06:27 AM

I'm still kinda new here, but here you go! Hope you enjoy!

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.†1 John 4:9-10
â€But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.†Galatians 4:4-5

Matthew 1:18-25
â€This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.
But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."
All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" --which means, "God with us."
When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.â€

Luke 1:26-38
In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."
Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."
"How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?"
The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. For nothing is impossible with God."
"I am the Lord’s servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her.

Luke 2:1-7
In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.)
And everyone went to his own town to register.
So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn

Luke 2:8-12
And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today i

Old 12-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Retired Administrator

If you offended anyone, they can move on. You have the right to speak your mind here as well I as do and the next guy/gal does... well, maybe except jones (inside joke for a select few)

Old 12-22-2005, 09:12 AM

Merry Christmas to you as well!

We live in a country founded by Christians. Anyone offended by the phrase "Merry Christmas" needs to pull their head out of their ***.

Old 12-22-2005, 11:34 AM

Old 12-22-2005, 11:37 AM

You can't please EVERYBODY all of the time. There's always gonna be atleast one person that is offended. That one person isn't me. Thanks pitsvtec, same to you and everyone else.

Old 12-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Rev

you should say happy holidays...cuz not everyone celebrates christmas..lol..jk....i love you boopy

Old 12-22-2005, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Rev

you should say happy holidays...cuz not everyone celebrates christmas..lol..jk....i love you boopy

LOL...you must be a pain in my ***, huh....143 biscuit!

Quick Reply: To all members