Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

An airing of grievences.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An airing of grievences.

Another cop rant story ahead so don't read any further if you're tired of them.

Out riding today with a friend, less then ten minutes into the ride we see a cop turning right onto the same street as us. Being the law abiding citizens that we are we slow down to approximately the speed limit (was going 38-40 in 35). My partner lags back and changes to right lane as we approach a stop light. I begin stopping and check behind me making sure everyone else behind me sees the red light also. In the time my friend changed lanes and slowed the cop already turned his lights on and was charging up behind me.

Long story short, I get ticketed for improperly mounted license plate. Granted I admit the plate is not in the best spot, it is behind the rear tire near what would be 10 o'clock on the face of a clock when looking at the tire from the left side. But, what gets me is that since I've owned the bike which is more than a year now, no cop has ever said one word. I even went so far as to call the non-emergency number after buying the bike and they said that as long as you can see it from a car you're good. And to top it all off he gives me zero days to fix it.

Last edited by Blackcom; 05-03-2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-04-2009, 08:18 AM

CBRclassic ...and no where near as important as plankton
Did you know, that ocean phytoplankton blooms can be seen from space?! I know, amazing!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:58 PM

I think its the same for cops as it is for sportbike riders. It only takes a few jerks to make em all look bad.

I've met some really nice cops, in fact more nice ones than bad ones. But those bad ones really stick in a persons mind for a long time.

Around here, the potrol has been upped a ton. The rumor about a month ago was the good ol Gov. decided to have more money by way of tickets. And I gotta say I think its true. Everyday I see at least 5 cars pulled over. I use to never see any. And on top of that, I see at least 20 cop cars a day where before I saw maybe 2. This is on a 45 minute drive.

Either way, there is no excuse for this guy. Other than he is trying to fill his "quota".. Oh yeah, there is no quota.. forget I said that.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:09 PM

It happens. LAst year while riding a cop eases up behind a group of 10 of us. He hits his lights.. I pull over and so does my buddy, the other 8 keep on riding. He asks for our info as normal, and the bike belongs to someone else. Long story short my buddy gets arrested for warrant and we have to find someone to ride his bike home... (The cops were nice until one said we dont like yall motorcyles riders in this area.. Keep your **** out of here after 12:00 or next time i make sure no-one rides home..

Old 05-04-2009, 01:22 PM

I encountered a pretty rude officer today. I was driving my car home from class because the weather wasn't too friendly to ride in. I was in a city with decent traffic, just going with the flow at 20 mph. I approached a green light intersection. The light began to turn yellow as my hood passed over the stop line.. so obviously I didn't want to get caught in the middle of the intersection and plug up the traffic. So I accelerated slightly, only to 25mph. An officer was hidden on the left of me, at the intersection. He hits the lights, comes over, states that I ran a red. "No, sir, the light was still yellow". He claimed that his side turned green and then I rushed through, which is simply UNTRUE. IF anything the light maybe hit red for 1 second while I passed, and his side was still delaying.. It's a straight up lie. He said "Don't worry, it's no big deal" so I assumed it'd be a warning at worst. I got a 100 dollar ticket, which he neglected to mention as he handed it to me. I thought it was a warning and drove off. He didn't tell me it was a ticket he just said "here you go". I was about to get hired at a BMW dealership this month but their insurance probably won't take me in unless I have less than 2 tickets. This officer probably just killed my career because of an honest misunderstanding.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by justasquid

Either way, there is no excuse for this guy. Other than he is trying to fill his "quota".. Oh yeah, there is no quota.. forget I said that.
There might not, be, but they have to have something to show for being on duty 8 or so hours. Ever watch "Super Troopers"? "Can't make 'em speed".

Old 05-05-2009, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by CB750
There might not, be, but they have to have something to show for being on duty 8 or so hours. Ever watch "Super Troopers"? "Can't make 'em speed".
Good reference, made me laugh. Kinda puts the ticket in an amusing light.