Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is this against the law? i just had to do it...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this against the law? i just had to do it...

So the other day i'm heading home from work. i've already had a very crappy day as my manager had given me the shaft without any lube. no matter how crappy of a work day i know that once i clock out the work day is a wash in my head. i jump on the bike and start to make my way home.

now i'm traveling up a 2 lane road with traffic, about 45 mph. i notice 2 cars ahead of me other lane is doing a bit of weaving. as i got closer to the car i can tell its a lady talking on her phone. so i keep my distance back so i can keep my eye on her. roadway merges down to one lane. guess who's right in front of me?

approaching the next traffic light the single lane turns into a left turning lane and the right side opens up for straight and right turn traffic. the lady stays straight into the left turning lane. i move over to the right to go straight. catch the red light. then i notice as i'm coming to a stop the lady pulled last second into the straight lane. oh great. right behind me.

light turns green and i take off normal, keeping my eye on my mirrors just in case. and i can see this lady just yacking away. come to the next traffic light and she literally stops within 3 feet of my bike. i'm now nervous as i keep looking back at her at the red light. hoping to get my point across. my light turns green and i think i better turn off and take the backway home. but i'm right down the street. and then it happens.

next light turns red. i stop. all i hear is screeching tires behind me. i pucker my butthole so tight and shut my eyes. luckily she comes up just short of me. i look back and through the smoke i see her still on the fawking phone. thats it. my buttons pushed.

kickstand down i get off the bike. walk up to her window and reach in and grab her cell phone right out of her hand. and just smash it against the ground. walk back to my bike. light turns green as soon as i sit on the bike and i head on. looking in the rearview the lady is still at the light. it would of gone differently if her window was up or the phone was in her right hand. but the opportunity presented itself perfect for me. i just had to do it.

and btw, it was an iphone or touch screen phone so it had to be expensive. i didn't even bother to look back and see the expression on her face. wonder if i could get into trouble for doing that?

Old 05-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. I hope your plate is well hidden
2. Hope she didnt get your plate.
3. I hope your bike and gear arent unique for your area.
4. I hope there are no cameras in the area.

No you wont get alot of bashing from me cause i have broken a window on a guys car who was talking on his phone. He however made a left infront of me and stopped halfway and i hit both brakes running my front fender into his side rails. Then he took off. So yes i followed him and stopped him and when he refused to get off the phone i punched the window and spiderwebbed it. I took off quickly after that and luckily my plate was almost invisible. I regret it though and could have been in huge trouble.

I most likely wouldnt have broke her phone but i may have grabbed it and threw it if there was grass near. Or tossed it to her passenger side. But thats all theory so who knows if the time came if i would.

Anyways you cant let this stuff bother you. If you let every person who almost hit you, or is talking on their cell phone get that deep under your skin then its best to stay off a bike. Just give em the bird. After all the bird is the word. lol

Stay safe.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:48 PM

I think everyone runs different scenarios through their head. "What would I do if x, y, and z happened?" Your exact scenario has gone through my head.

To answer your question: Yes, what you did is against the law. However, depending on what cell phone laws your state has, you might not get in any trouble even if reported.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, you could but I doubt it. She'll have to admit that she was talking while driving and damn near hit you. Which in Philly is against the law as you know and low sympathy points. From that standpoint, most people are too cowardly to admit their own guilt in order accuse another person.

Even if she had the strength of character to do it, most cops wouldn't invest the time to follow up on it. Either they wouldn't want to put in the effort. Or they'd sympathize with you and ask her if she lost her ****ing mind, almost killing someone for a phone call and getting pissed cause she was taught a much needed lesson

Originally Posted by kowen1208
I think everyone runs different scenarios through their head. "What would I do if x, y, and z happened?" Your exact scenario has gone through my head.

To answer your question: Yes, what you did is against the law. However, depending on what cell phone laws your state has, you might not get in any trouble even if reported.
Philadelphia just passed a cellphone ban while driving earlier this year. The fine is pretty much a joke so it hasn't had a lot of deterrence value. But there's also the 3rd Degree Homicide law, which can apply to a fatality if it were to occur in that situation, if the D.A, was ballsy enough to push for it. Given the lack of deterrence value (all the law is doing is generating revenue), she'd prolly get made an example of

Last edited by Kuroshio; 05-28-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:59 PM

hahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahaahahahahahhaha +1000000000000
funniest story

you got ballz and you're a bit mental =P

but good job. News like this should make headlines, a message from bikers to all the cagers.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93

1. I hope your plate is well hidden
2. Hope she didnt get your plate.
3. I hope your bike and gear arent unique for your area.
4. I hope there are no cameras in the area.

No you wont get alot of bashing from me cause i have broken a window on a guys car who was talking on his phone. He however made a left infront of me and stopped halfway and i hit both brakes running my front fender into his side rails. Then he took off. So yes i followed him and stopped him and when he refused to get off the phone i punched the window and spiderwebbed it. I took off quickly after that and luckily my plate was almost invisible. I regret it though and could have been in huge trouble.

I most likely wouldnt have broke her phone but i may have grabbed it and threw it if there was grass near. Or tossed it to her passenger side. But thats all theory so who knows if the time came if i would.

Anyways you cant let this stuff bother you. If you let every person who almost hit you, or is talking on their cell phone get that deep under your skin then its best to stay off a bike. Just give em the bird. After all the bird is the word. lol

Stay safe.
hey Fenatic,

How did you break the window? With your fists?! Cuz damn, that's impressive =)

Old 05-28-2010, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
hey Fenatic,

How did you break the window? With your fists?! Cuz ***, that's impressive =)
I'm sure carbon fiber knuckles could help with that.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:08 PM

who cares???? at least maybe that will stop her and maybe a family member from driving while talking.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by kowen1208
I'm sure carbon fiber knuckles could help with that.
lol I should buy some

Old 05-28-2010, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by canhead64
who cares???? at least maybe that will stop her and maybe a family member from driving while talking.
Sad truth is that she probably won't change her habits at all. So many people get in accidents because of distracted driving, but they never change.