Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

After laying your bike down.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: After laying your bike down.

Being that I'm old and have been riding for a gazillion years, that means I must have crashed a few times. I raced some in the early 80's, couple of crashes that resulted in ambulance rides. I always just get back up on 'em as soon as possible, "take the bull by the horns" and get out there and go. Learn from your mistakes; learn what not to do and learn what you can do.

If you're apprehensive in doing whatever caused you to crash, get out thereand do it over and over. The apprehension and fear will leave and you'll be better.

Also get gear and wear it that will prevent the road rash problem.

A trackday that krash mentioned will also boost your confidence and help your riding skills.

And no, I don't want to crash again either.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bike accidents will effect each of us in pretty much the same way...a bit timid on the comeback trail...Mine happened almost three months ago and I'm much more aware of the road now. I'm sure we all "learn" from our spills.
RB

Old 05-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always heard that you have to crash three times to be "experienced" well, one more for me then, and I don't care to go down a third time. +1 to everything said, sure it gets ya a little bit but if you dwell on it and let it haunt you, it just makes it that much more to get back on. So, get on and be careull, hope you learned somethin, most of all in that how easy your ride can dump you. I don't know very many.....if any at all...riders that havent wadded up their ride, so it's not just you, it's 99.9 percent of us, some of it stupid, others not. I think something would be amis if you were used to crashing and hopped right back on to shortly do it again. The part I hate the most is the part when you come sliding to a stop, the sound of busted parts on the pavement and thinking "how the hell did that just happen" Usually happens to me right after I just got done washing and waxing my ride!!! Hope you heal up well and get right back on. Take care.