Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Accident victim...im ok though

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accident victim...im ok though

Im heading home thursday night in rush hour traffic and it was stop and go traffic and as traffic started speeding up when a car 3-4 ahead of me rear ended someone and it started a chain reaction. I was at the tail end. All I remember is braking and then waking up on the pavement and then at the hospital. Apparently I rear ended the car ahead of me, by bike flipped up and I was ejected over the car to the adjacent lane on the right. This was on a highway. Everyone in that lane was able to swerve and miss me and I landed head first. I dont know how long I was knocked out.
All CT scans and Xrays are ok, I have a concussion, scraped up knees, and bumps and bruises. My helmet is toast and I heard my bike isnt in good condition. I just got out of the hospital this morning because I was dizzy and couldnt keep any food down until today.
I have 3 kids and I drive very carefully but like everyone told me "its all the people around you that you have to worry about".
I am hoping the bike is totalled and I dont have to worry about fixing it up. I know its early but I dont think I will get on another bike. Just too much to think about with my kids and wife. This was just too close of a call. Dr said if I wasnt wearing leather jacket and helmet i wouldnt be here right now. I will post pics when i get them taken.

Be care ful out there on the streets and highways you just never know when something is going to happen.

Old 07-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Default RE: Accident victim...im ok though

Damn dude, sounds like you got pretty lucky. Glad that you're safe. What gear were you wearing? How fast were you going when you hit the car in front?

One nice thing, sounds like you know of a good deal on a potential track bike.

Old 07-08-2006, 06:21 PM

Damn i sorry that had to happend man idiots on the rode cant stand and they wonder why we get so mad when the do something stupid its are lifes that are at stakes I glad your okay man ya i wouldt ride ethier if that happend to me and i had a wife and kids dont blame you at all good luck with everything keep posted.......

hope everything goes good

Old 07-08-2006, 08:06 PM

oooWow!

I'm still a little stunned from the news. Okay, maybe I'm still stunned over your avatar, but I've got three kids too, ... and the wife, and the heavy traffic and the MN connection, and the ...

I know this can happen to anyone, but it shouldn't happen to those of us that are super-careful!

May God be with you.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:13 PM

I was told I was prolly going between 50-60 miles per hour. I had a Icon motorhead jacket and HJC AC-11 i think it is. I just hope insurance replaces the stuff. Other than that it was tennis shoes and jeans.

Old 07-08-2006, 09:47 PM

damn... sorry to hear about this. i'm glad you weren't hurt worse though. hope you heal quick.

Old 07-08-2006, 10:30 PM

Damn dude, I'm glad you're ok! I think about "what if" from time to time (especially after reading or seeing stuff on the inet) 'cause I would never want to dissapoint my kids by not making it home, but when I saddle up I never think about anything but the road, period!

Old 07-10-2006, 01:44 AM

god bless and hope u heal fast. riding is a risk that we all take but if it's not worth it to you then don't do it. don't let others pressure your decision

Old 07-10-2006, 01:33 PM

Glad your okay! When I crashed I had a HJC on too, along with my jacket. I crashed due to someone elses' stupidity on the highway and his insurance company replaced my damaged goods and paid for my bike to be fixed. If this is deemed your accident, then your insurance company will most likely NOT replace the items. (Well at least Rider doesn't).

Old 07-10-2006, 03:07 PM

thank god you're still alive man i was just invovled in an accident myself 2 weeks ago, i was rounding a corner and i misjudge the corner and i was going way too fast , i had no speedo and my friend that was right behind me said i was at least going 80 around a 35 corner, i laid it down and i guess i laid it too low and teh bike laid down and i remember sliding on my left side and somehow flipped aroudn and i smashed the guard rail with my back, all said and done it was long story but after i fracture my lower back and i lost a kidney and lacerated my liver, the mircale was that i wasnt wearing a jacket , and my helmet wasnt even touched, anyway just wanted to share my story too just wanted to tell everyone to freakin ride careful !! and when i say wear a jacket and otehr protection, do it!!!!!
lol keep it save peeps

Quick Reply: Accident victim...im ok though