Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

About to buy first bike!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My take - it is a practically new bike with 1400 miles on it.

The damage (assuming what we are seeing is ALL of it) is light damage.

The stickers and general "accessorizing" of the bike indicates a kid who probably rode it hard and put it away wet.

In my mind it was probably a hard break-in period. There are a couple schools of thought on how to break in a bike - one is per the MFG recommendations, and one is break it in HARD. At the same time, most bikes are probably not every broken in by the MFG recommendations, also at the same time you probably won't keep it long enough to see any significant problems.

If you are happy with the bike at the price you can get it for that is all that matters. We are talking about motorcycles here, it isn't like (no matter what you pay) that you are going to be over-paying by 100k.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:01 PM

I know how that scratches happened because I did it on my CB. The bike was parked next to the curb. The road was on a slope, the the bike tips the direction, the case and bottom get scratched upwards. The rest just kinda floats while the bike is resting on the cover. BAM!
PS The CB was caught by my friend's helmet so nothing got hurt. My friend did get a new helmet.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:11 PM

That's actualyl what me and my manager were talking about for about 30 minutes today at work after I showed him the pictures, I said he probably hit the curb, and my manager said he prolly ran something over or wheelied and fell. Idkk. Gunna deff take a look at the paperwork and all that though before the purchase, and first on my mind is that I need a new engine for my truck... wtf.. lol