Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

About to buy first bike!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 01:19 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None of these 600's are a good starter bike with no experience.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heh... Why go there, Rojer?

Old 01-04-2010, 06:59 AM

but Roj, they look so pretty...

Old 01-04-2010, 09:33 AM

Lol... UPDATE***

Just got off the phone with the woman who did inventory on the cbr. She said there were scratches on the rear and on the exhaust, some on the right fairings. She said that the brakes, clutch, and chain looked like they needed to be adjusted. She said that the footpeg was a little bent. They're asking $5,000 bringing cash, and they said I could take it for a test ride. We're going to ask how much it would cost to repair, probably not going to get it done from them, rather do it all myself. What do you guys think? Is the bike still worth the effort? Going later tonight around 4pm. Please give me some advice before I go!! Thanks so much!

Tom

Old 01-04-2010, 09:58 AM

NO...it is not, for that kind of money i know for a fact that you can buy one that has not been dropped... keep lookin and dont rush into a bike with problems.... if youve got $5k iknow you can land a bike in perfect shape...trust me!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 10:06 AM

Been looking people in NJ are ****heads and theres barely any people selling, let alone anything near 5k for a newer bike.. =\ I'm figuring if it's not that bad I'll talk them down to 4500 and see if it'll be less than 500 for fixing.. She said the scratches weren't too bad but I'm definitely going to go look at it anyway.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:18 AM

be willin to travel my freind...ive been bike drunk before and bought fixer uppers but not for the cabbage yer fixen to spend, if you were willin to travel i could put you on several 600rrs in my area...(florida) aadd up all cost to fix and then fix it and you still have a bike that has been laid down...being it is yer first bike woodnt you rather ride than start fixin rite away? JMO.....also id be careful going to test ride this bike, if you dont know what yer doing and you wreck it you have bought it, just be careful bro, these bikes are pretty quick and will suprise experienced riders...peeece

Old 01-04-2010, 10:22 AM

mailto:sale-zsgww-1535611681@craigslist.org?subject=2007%20Honda%20C BR%20600rr%20-%20%245400%20(orlando)&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Forl ando.craigslist.org%2Fmcy%2F1535611681.html%0A
i found this one rite off bro on craigs list...

Old 01-04-2010, 10:41 AM

craigslist is your friend....Ive traveled many states away to get both my bike and my truck because they were a much better deal than around where you live. Its winter, you can take your time bikes pop up for sale everyday I just made sure to check everday at all my surrounding states till I found 1 I liked and wanted.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its only worth the effort in learning how to look at bikes.

As for the possibility of buying this one, well, just from what I'm hearing...NO. There seems to be too many variables at work in this situation that aren't good. The bike has obviously been down. The real extent of damages from this are unknown...& it will take more than a cursory inspection to find out.

Sure, the dealership says its all good b/c they want to sell it. See what they say when you ask them if you can take the bike to another factory Honda service center for an independent inspection. Too, ask them for the previous owner's name & phone number to call him & ask about the bike. I seriously doubt they'll give you that info as well.

We all understand the anxiety of wanting to get a bike as quickly as you can BUT as others have said, you need to do your homework & be diligent about your purchase...ie, be painstakingly thorough on every aspect of the purchase. You seem to willing to let your money go too quickly just to get a bike.

No matter what we all suggest, you seem willing to do what you're gonna do regardless. So, good luck. However, at that moment of decision, do yourself a favor & remember some of our suggestions. There's l-o-t-s of bikes out there. There will always be another bike for sale.

We hope it works out for you to get a bike but we want you do have a *good* experience & enjoy a "new" bike w/o any we-told-ya-so's.

Once again, good luck.

Last edited by gotcbr; 01-04-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: sp