Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

aaaah, bikers are a great bunch of people

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default aaaah, bikers are a great bunch of people

thought i'd take the bike out for one last ride before i called it a night. i was riding and saw a gsx-r 1000 in front of me. he moved over, i passed and we waved. i hung a right at the next traffic light and so did he, thought nothing of it, i hung another right to circle back around and head home....he did the same, lol. im thinking "wtf". we get to a red light and he asks "where ya headed?", i reply "no where in particular". so he asks if i want to hang a right at the light again and go for a quick cruise before we split ways. i say ok and we do so. after about 15mins i pull over and so does he, down a side road. i spent a good hour talking to this guy whom i had just met, great guy, nice as hell.

he was amazed by my bike, as he just started riding again last year after a 15yr break from the sport. he loved my bike and kept recalling and reminissing the days of his old Hurricane. telling me how back when it came out everyone was drooling over the ninja600 and how it was "the best out" at that time. he told me once he got the Hurricane he suprised and whooped up on all the ninja 600's.

well, we started talking and it was daylight and we left at dusk, lol......little over an hour. flew by, but we exchanged #'s and are planning to do some riding in the future. i love meeting new riders. thats another name in the "riding" group in my cellphone .

sportbike riders are some great people!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: aaaah, bikers are a great bunch of people

I agree a 100%.[8D]

Old 04-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Some sure are, just gotta be careful

Old 04-09-2008, 07:37 PM

I did the same thing with a guy on a GSX'r a couple of weeks ago. Nicest guy you will ever meet...we are gonna hook up hopefully next weekend for a ride out to a resort close to me to get some lunch. You meet very cool people in this hobby.....

Hey...kinda like you guys!!

RED [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-09-2008, 07:39 PM

I wishI could come across a few sport bike riders around here that aren't D-bags. I am thinking there are some, but a lot of riders still have not pulled their bikes out of storage because the temps are still kind of low. I miss Summer now.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:46 PM
VP

It's all good Tacoma... they're out there! I've met some really cool guys and some guys that are in it for the look... it's all about numbers man, sooner or later you'll find a couple people really down for some good ridin. I met some really good friends at a traffic light a few years ago, and we still keep in touch. Don't give up!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:50 PM

You meet the best people on sport bikes. You almost meet some of the douche bags as well... But when you find one cool guy, you'll usually find more through him and what not.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Kikepiz

I agree a 100%.[8D]
+1

Old 04-09-2008, 08:48 PM

I agree, I've met some people that I have became good friends with through riding. It's funny how people that all share a love for sportbikes or those other bikes can come together and bs for hours in the most random situations! Hell, after the first time I rode my bike to my chiropractor, every time I go back to him now he asks how the riding has been and always reminisces about the old bikes that he used to have and how they were the fastest things on two wheels back then (60's), haha

Old 04-09-2008, 08:53 PM

Great post! Makes me feel warm and fuzzy...

Quick Reply: aaaah, bikers are a great bunch of people