Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

600F in the US???

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 600F in the US???

Cause I saw one today in Center City. Parked in motorcycle parking

Old 11-28-2011, 04:52 PM

Odd - I heard that bike wasn't coming to the US. Possible it was a Canadian bike that crossed the border?

Old 11-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 11-28-2011, 08:04 PM

TThis disgrees with motorcycledaily.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54051011@N05/6422221813/

Old 11-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
This disgrees with motorcycledaily.com
Not necessarily. The model isn't avail for direct sale in the U.S to the ultimate consumer, according to Honda. However, that doesn't mean that a select few didn't end up here for testing, evaluation, & promo-bikes, that have now landed in private hands.

There are always exceptions to every rule as well. Import sales can result for the right price & tax. Also, many of my mil friends have imported both car & motorcycle models which aren't avail for direct sale in the U.S....in particular is a right-hand RX7 & a NC29 that are among my favorites!

Old 11-28-2011, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Not necessarily. The model isn't avail for direct sale in the U.S to the ultimate consumer, according to Honda. However, that doesn't mean that a select few didn't end up here for testing, evaluation, & promo-bikes, that have now landed in private hands.

There are always exceptions to every rule as well. Import sales can result for the right price & tax. Also, many of my mil friends have imported both car & motorcycle models which aren't avail for direct sale in the U.S....in particular is a right-hand RX7 & a NC29 that are among my favorites!
Dammit you're supposed to say "oh snap, all the blogs are wrong. Here's a link to a dealer with them"

Old 11-28-2011, 09:56 PM
2011 Ride of the Year
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sure some of the honda nuts that wanna have something that not many people have. its not that hard to cross the border to get one. sure its gonna cost more but if you have money and wanna be different, its a small price to pay.

i use to have a friend with a skyline. it had to be modded for american roads but it was here and he had it. he paid $5000 for the car, than all the mods and taxes came up to total around $30000. but he didnt care. he was driving one of the fastest production cars in its price range on the streets of us.

if anyone wants one, please let me know. ill do all the run around to get it for a small fee, the price might be outrages but it shouldnt be since there shouldnt be a lot of mods to be done.

Last edited by scorpionvmu; 11-28-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

that's a nice bike.... it has the same tail as the cb1000r.

in a market like america - there is obviously a reason honda won't sell it here. they either don't think it will sell well - or it's not as profitable as other models

Old 11-29-2011, 10:43 AM

I looked around for someone that had a rider look to ask but no joy.

I don't think its Honda making the call on that but the dealers, thinking it won't sell well. Me personally, I think America could use a Honda bike with a 8k-9k price point. Right now the goes from the 250 to the 600rr, pretty big sticker jump. And honestly if I'm eyeballing 11k for a 600rr, what's to stop me from eyeballing 14k for a s1000rr?

Old 11-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I looked around for someone that had a rider look to ask but no joy.

I don't think its Honda making the call on that but the dealers, thinking it won't sell well. Me personally, I think America could use a Honda bike with a 8k-9k price point. Right now the goes from the 250 to the 600rr, pretty big sticker jump. And honestly if I'm eyeballing 11k for a 600rr, what's to stop me from eyeballing 14k for a s1000rr?
i think that's the point.... because lets remember - it costs about the same amount of money to actually make the 1000rr as the 600rr, but with it having more power they can justify a higher price. the literbike is the most profitable bike all of the big 4 have (and now the euro boys too) - so i think that's what they're trying to sell the most of. and that's what i think all dealers are trying to push - literbikes

and if you're going to finance the thing - think about how little extra that is a month to add onto the bill?

where i'm at, with it being flat and mostly straight roads, a LOT of guys end up with a literbike for a first bike (because "why get a 600 when you'll be bored after a few months on it, right?" is the advice from the salesmen)

still, that 600f does look like a fun bike to take on long trips

Quick Reply: 600F in the US???