Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

2008 blows...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 blows...

my ****ty year in 2008.
truck constantly breaking down (Mass airflow sensor, head gasket, knock sensor, 2 unknown problems as of 2pm today not working.)
between the car and bike, i have had to buy 8 or so tires due to nails, or just being worn out. between my truck and bike have been in the shop a total of a month and a half. rear ended leaving work on my motorycle by sum old pos that just wasnt paying attention
rear ended going to chp station to finish paper work with motorcycle from last time it was rearended by sum retard tailgating me bcuz i was " going pretty slow for a 35 and i was running late for work".... insurance associate handling my claim "no longer works" with that company and my claim takes two months... for 4 or five days i have no working truck or motorcycle, and i get fired bcuz i cant make it to a mandtory meeting... POS manager writes up a BS termination explination and i am not able to qualify for unemployment(whilie i was tying this i was inturepet and had a not so great conversation with the landlord). Dealt with two ****y roomates, and have will have moved 5 times in a years time frame by end of this year... and i dont even know where i am going to live next.

If i dont pass the EMT program im in now, ill be in deep ****, i have been trying to study a lot, i have never put so much effort into school, and i am barely passing bcuz all this **** i have had to deal with. i wont be able to continue studying tonight bcuz i am going to be up all night trying to put my bike togther so i have a way to get to school gotta be there at 9. 30 mile one way commute. sumtimes i just cant study bcuz i feel like its for nothing, everytime i pick myself up life delivers a swift kick to the *****. i fix my truck, boom, not a week later its not working again and my bike is sitting in my garage in pieces, and now i am waiting for the gf to get here so she can drive me to pick up half of the parts i was supposed to get today when all of a sudden my truck didnt start.... i zipped tied my bike togther to ride it across town and swap battires at napa(620cca batery in a backpack on a sport bike, not fun)... i get there and they say since i dont have a receipt and the part of the serieal number is not on the sticker of the battery i cannot get a replacement... walked out of the store, picked up another battery sum where else, and installed it... and ill be damned the it wasnt the battery... for sum reason it is not turning over, the starter isnt clicking or anything...

Morale of this rant... 2008 i give you the middle finger, and if there were a place designated to remember 2008 id light a bag of my **** on fire right on top of it.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2008 blows...

Seriously sorry to hear that, 'breed. On the upside, shi7 can only pile so high on you before it starts to fall off. I was feeling pretty bad myself. I've had two idiots run in to me while I was working in the last week alone. Both weren't my fault (one was a 15 year old with no insurance and not even a learner's permit) and yet I've been told that even though I'm tremendous with our guests and none of the accidents were my fault, I'm out the door with one more.

It puts things in perspective though. When things are at their worst, they can only get better. I think it's pretty awesome that you're going for EMT and I'm hoping you make it. Keep us updated on that.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:33 PM

i ****ing here you bro 2008 absolutely sucked *****

Old 11-21-2008, 08:42 PM

thats rough man, buti feel you with the truck thing, i had a thread about mine a few weeks ago, finally got it straightened out $1500+ later and it doesnt start today, awesome.

But look on the bright side, theres only 40 days left to this year, hopefully the the next will treat you better

Old 11-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It has been a very bad year for me too but I don't want to complaint or grunt about it. Hey I'm still alive, have shelter on top of my head and enough food to eat.
Globally 2009 does not look so promising, lets brace ourself for the worse.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:05 PM

This year started off good for me but now has went down hill fast. Over the past 2 months I've managed to rack up $500 worth of traffic tickets. If they don't drop them when I go to court I'll have a warrant out of my arrest because as a college student I damn well can't afford $500. My parents offer absolutely no financial help. I have $13000 worth of student loans waiting for me when I graduate. I'm starting to think that me becoming homeless is a big possibility.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:51 PM

It's either you guys drive Gm trucks or you don't maintain your **** for nothing

Old 11-22-2008, 08:28 AM

I feel you man. 08 started off with me being deployed, which was not that bad. Feb rolls in, my b-day, the day after my b-day my ex-wife told me she cheated on me while I was gone and again after I got back. Filed for divorce in April, finalized in May. Seperated from the military in September. Been unemployed ever since. So yeah I agree 08 ****ing sucked ***. It is starting to finally turn around for me here recently, a couple of interviews.

It can only get better man.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:30 AM

Here's to '08 [sm=icon_cheers.gif] what an absolute **** year it was for some of us. Good luck with everythings guys.. and hang in there. At least there wont be a whole lot out there that can top what yall have been through.

Quick Reply: 2008 blows...