Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

2 days of 954 bliss.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pacemaker
I just had an o/n club ride last week end, up the New England area to Tamwort. Got drunk on the Saturday night & -2 C on the Sunday morning, but the cold helped the hangover.
This is us at the lunch stop on the way up, at a pub of course.
Man, I'd love to ride in Australia. Then again, I love to ride anywhere but the city. Nice pics.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:00 PM

Okay, I'm in love with the 954rr. Definitely the most powerful bike I've ever owned. It always takes a while to get used to a new bike, butI don't think it will take that long with this one. I never felt solid on the F2 and I feel immediately solid on the 954rr. Strangely, I also find it more comfortable to ride.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Timr
...Strangely, I also find it more comfortable to ride.
Funny how that works. I feel the same way w/ my RC51, in that others complain about the seat. But, I like it. The seating position suits me.

Glad you're enjoying your new bike. Sounds like you've found a keeper.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Funny how that works. I feel the same way w/ my RC51, in that others complain about the seat. But, I like it. The seating position suits me.

Glad you're enjoying your new bike. Sounds like you've found a keeper.
Seems to be a keeper for sure. Frankly, as much as I loved the F2 I grew bored with it as soon as I learned to ride it. This bike just feels so right and has so much power just waiting anytime I want it.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:53 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Seems to be a keeper for sure. Frankly, as much as I loved the F2 I grew bored with it as soon as I learned to ride it. This bike just feels so right and has so much power just waiting anytime I want it.
It is strange huh? They do feel more comfortable... and more in control

Its a great bike, imo better then F2/F3 handling, more then enough power, but just the right amount, What more could you want?

n how come you dont like riding in cities? its fun

Old 05-17-2011, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by CTcbr929
It is strange huh? They do feel more comfortable... and more in control

Its a great bike, imo better then F2/F3 handling, more then enough power, but just the right amount, What more could you want?

n how come you dont like riding in cities? its fun
The city is a deathtrap, or at least a wrecktrap: you've got stop signs, stop lights, more cops, and a whole host of dangerous variables that don't exist out on the country twisties. The only good thing about riding in the city is the attention.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, I'm in love with the 954rr. Definitely the most powerful bike I've ever owned. It always takes a while to get used to a new bike, butI don't think it will take that long with this one. I never felt solid on the F2 and I feel immediately solid on the 954rr. Strangely, I also find it more comfortable to ride.
Sweet, I wonder how comfortable the 954 (called the 900 over here) is compared to the F4. I love my F4 as a daily rider and it's very suitable for a pillion (my passenger can go on all day without a complaint!). I do feel it doesn't have enough ooph for 2up and the 900 is probably a lot less comfy for a passenger (I've been looking at the Blackbird as a 2up tourer but it's quite ugly). Then again, I'm not going to sell my F4 ever so having a second, more potent bike would be convenient... I'm going to test drive it when I see one!

Have fun and post more pics!

Old 05-18-2011, 06:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The city is a deathtrap, or at least a wrecktrap: you've got stop signs, stop lights, more cops, and a whole host of dangerous variables that don't exist out on the country twisties. The only good thing about riding in the city is the attention.
I don't mind riding in the city (live in one myself) when it's calm but as soon as there are a few cars around it's ****. Traffic lights are hot as hell when the sun is out and there are much more retards on the road.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:03 AM
July 2008 ROTM

I love both the city and country for their own uniqueness. I like to ride and I like to be seen. Nothing like mobbing downtown with 40 sport bikes or carving canyon roads with a good friend.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Aken
And designer. But yes.
Love the portfolio. Though I got a PHP error when I first went there :P

Quick Reply: 2 days of 954 bliss.