Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

1st mod to your bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 03:06 AM
Mad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1st mod to your bike

I am leaning towards the yoshi pipe too. I am just waiting for my wife to come back from vacation so we can work the deal out.

I have added the tank pad and new pro grips but I don't consider them mods... Just cosmetic... Also on my agenda are sliders and a new tail. I think when I add the yoshi slip on I can consider my bike "mod'd".

I am not sure about the steel braided brake lines.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:29 PM

Got a Sargent Seat. Best mod ever!!! My *** love it!!

Old 08-18-2006, 04:36 PM

I havn't done them yet, but, I suggest frame sliders first. Cause, if you're just starting to ride, it's not a matter of IF you go down, but, it's WHEN you go down, and, if you've got frame sliders, you could be saving yourself hundreds in replacing scratched, cracked, and broken plastics. A slip-on pipe would be my second mod if I were starting a new bike.

Tylor

Old 08-18-2006, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: havoc_on_2_wheels
what is everyones oppion on the steel braided brake lines ? are they really worth it ? my friend has it on his 1k RR and he said yes but i want to get other peoples opinon too. it makes sense that they would help but for normal riding through traffic and occasional mountian passes would it be worth it for me to upgrade ?
Def worth the $$$. I bought my set this year from JT @ Chromewhore.com - highly recommend.

I did some decal/appearance work first. It was all I could afford after I bought the damn thing! Then I did the Yosh + K&N, fender elim., hugger, brighter head lights, flushmounts, brakes, etc. Do what you can afford, make a priority list with all associated costs - that will help.

Old 08-18-2006, 06:04 PM

suspention all the way... It's never rite out'a da box. It not only needs adjustment but usually new springs... I think it's overlooked becouse it's generally not eye or ear candy. But it will make the bigest difrence in the twisties and track.

Old 08-18-2006, 06:20 PM

I got a undertail with brake light/blinkers in it. I did that first to get rid of the stock blinkers so I could get my second mod, a highmount slip-on exhaust.

Old 08-19-2006, 12:57 PM

If I was to buy a new bike, being a 1000RR, I would ride it home and get ride of the ugly a$$ rear fender before I went back out for a ride. Next would be frame sliders and a CA tail light, hotbodies flushmounts up front, Zero Gravity Double Bubble, then exhaust, air filter, and pcIII. LOL I have it all figured out, now I just need to save some money. My F4i was already modded except for the front turn signals and frame sliders which I put both on very shortly after LOL.

-Jesse-

Old 08-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

well i just ordered my yoshi slip on it should be here sometime this week. next im going to buy some frame sliders and SS brake lines . but before any of that its time for a tune up and oil change .. also there was a group buy on here for HID kits has anyone boughten a set yet ? ive been thinking about it because when i night rid i cant see that well and i thought that would help alot