Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

1 day late for my flu shot

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 04:59 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 1 day late for my flu shot

I was schedule to have a flu shot today. Chit, just yesterday noon, my nose started running, big *** headache, sore throat & etc....rough time sleeping! I think I got the flu or a common cold...so should I get my flu shot anyway? It's free....? Not like it will help now? Right?

Old 10-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ask your vender, they will let you know if there's a reason to wait, due to circumstance.

The shot covers the best guess at the prevalent strains for this season. It is actually
a cocktail of 3 vaccines. Flu's come in a variety of mutations, so even with the vaccine,
you can still get sick. It covers only the most common versions.

It is a very good idea to get one, though. Especially if you are in a very public
life-style. i.e. teachers, office workers, etc.

I get mine every year. I'm married to a 5th grade teacher. I got tired of 2-3 bouts
a season. So did she, for that matter.

Ern

Old 10-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never had a flu shot. I have a very strong immune system because I played with cat turds in the sandbox as a kid.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:30 PM
February 2012 ROTM

Just check with health care partners...it is ok to get a flu shot even if you already have a cold/flu, as long as your not running a fever during shot. They told me this flu shot, it might actually help shorten my down time....

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
Ask your vender, they will let you know if there's a reason to wait, due to circumstance.

The shot covers the best guess at the prevalent strains for this season. It is actually
a cocktail of 3 vaccines. Flu's come in a variety of mutations, so even with the vaccine,
you can still get sick. It covers only the most common versions.

It is a very good idea to get one, though. Especially if you are in a very public
life-style. i.e. teachers, office workers, etc.

I get mine every year. I'm married to a 5th grade teacher. I got tired of 2-3 bouts
a season. So did she, for that matter.

Ern

Old 10-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get it. madhattr is right. its a cocktail of things so even if you got this one the next one may get you. and it cant hurt so get it

Old 10-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think flu shots are just another scam by the gov/CDC and big pharma.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:46 PM

Might as well get it, I won't ever get one but I don't ever get sick. My immune system has been strengthened by a lack of anti-bacterial soap being over used or hand sanitizer. MRSA was never a problem until all that became something people used every 5 seconds. Then they had a real mess on their hands when it became almost untreatable. I'll take my simple hygiene and good health over shots and "bacteria killers/boosters.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:41 AM

Chances are you'll get it regardless. If your a infant or a senior. Your immune system cannot fight this off as well. My two kids don't get them either do I nor my Wife. Up to you but there is many many strains.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:05 AM
February 2012 ROTM

Some company you work for actually mandate employees to get a flu shot? Is this true? What if you just refuse to get one.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:15 AM

Never heard of such a thing.

Quick Reply: 1 day late for my flu shot