North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Where to buy tires and install in Tristate?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy tires and install in Tristate?

Just bought an 02 with 1600 miles. It still has the original tires on and I need to replace them asap. Where in the tristate can I buy tires and have them mount and balance? Looking for a good reputable shop. Prefer NJ or NY area. Thanks

Old 05-05-2011, 05:25 PM

So I'm guessing all you guys in the tristate mount and balance your own tires?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Deegaw, lol.. your right maybe these "forum guys" fix their flats in their kitchens..lol

Ok my suggestions is for you to call a place in the Bronx by the name of "Arsan Custom Cycles". I trusted place that I taken my bikes for flat fix, tune ups, paint work, carb cleaning and oil changes just to name a few. I am very picky about who works on my bikes but Arsan is quality work bro.

Speak to Rob (Head mechanic) 718 823-1920 let him know I referred.

Their website Home

In fact I believe he has a sale going going with Michelin Pilots and oil change combo package which I also plan to purchase.

PM if your need any additonal info bro...

Old 05-07-2011, 09:55 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

^^^ sounds like good advice.. id trust him.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno if you're still in the market, but I just got mine done @ Metuchen Honda Powersports. It was $400 to get a set of Michelin Pilot Powers mounted n' balanced on the bike. I think it's cheaper if you take the wheels off and bring 'em in yourself, but I lack the tools for that. They give you a choice of wheel weights (taped or clipped) and the guy who took my order is a track junkie.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Talking Better Priced at Arsan Cycle in the Bronx

Originally Posted by raylee
I dunno if you're still in the market, but I just got mine done @ Metuchen Honda Powersports. It was $400 to get a set of Michelin Pilot Powers mounted n' balanced on the bike. I think it's cheaper if you take the wheels off and bring 'em in yourself, but I lack the tools for that. They give you a choice of wheel weights (taped or clipped) and the guy who took my order is a track junkie.

I got a better deal. I paid $400 flat at Arsan Custom Cycle shop in the Bronx. Their phone number is listed in my previous posting.

For $400 you get: 1) Rear and Front Michelin Power Pilots
2) Bike Inspection sticker
3) Installation of wheels and balancing
4) OIL change

CANNOT BEAT THAT ANYWHERE IN MY OPINION..

When you call tell them (Rob or Frank) I sent you and tax is included.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:23 PM

Thanks Will1000, that does sound like a decent deal but I just got it done yesterday at trackside motosports in jersey city. They had the best deal I could find so I went with them. Do you guys know how long it takes to break in the Pilot Powers and how do I break them in properly?

Old 05-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deegaw11
Thanks Will1000, that does sound like a decent deal but I just got it done yesterday at trackside motosports in jersey city. They had the best deal I could find so I went with them. Do you guys know how long it takes to break in the Pilot Powers and how do I break them in properly?
Just take it slowly and use smooth and easy throttle inputs. It's just a matter of scrubbing off that protective coating. You can more or less tell when the glossy looking stuff is all gone.

And damn, Will, wish I had checked this forum before getting my tires. An oil change woulda been clutch.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:43 AM
Talking Yeah man...

Originally Posted by raylee
Just take it slowly and use smooth and easy throttle inputs. It's just a matter of scrubbing off that protective coating. You can more or less tell when the glossy looking stuff is all gone.

And damn, Will, wish I had checked this forum before getting my tires. An oil change woulda been clutch.

lol yeah bro, can't beat that. As far as breaking in the pilots, I've had several sets of pilots and they say 150 miles should do it. I always wait until after 120-150 miles before I start beating them up.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:41 PM

Motomummy has good specials on tires...a friend of mine can throw them on for you....let me know if you want more info

Quick Reply: Where to buy tires and install in Tristate?