New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

What's going on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's going on?

Hey ladies & gents.. I'm pretty new to this scene but quite frankly It always caught my attention just never attempted any of it till now. Ive done a ton of reading, & video watching & Yes I am taking the MSF course in june (fills up a lot quicker than i thought) with a lot more intensions then the license itself. I enjoy taking on new challenges head on, with that being said i already went ahead & purchased my first bike last weekend, an 88 cbr 600. Its a cool bike, good condition im happy with it. I like to feel things out first hand as appose to being taught from scratch, although I know my limits! With that being said yes I did start her up already & got a great feel for neutral, clutch release, light cruise shifting & a smooth breaking as well as a few other things like figure 8's and what not (non traffic area of course) Anyway I'm way far from being a comfortable rider & have many more questions that comes into play & experience is KEY, so hopefully I'll learn a lot more here as well.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to riding motorcycles and the forum.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things to learn how to ride. Keep it up!

Old 05-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Default Bold Is Gold

Welcome to the forum. Where are you from?? We have a lot of riders on here from all over the World.

'88 600, huh? Post up some pictures when you get a chance and most importantly, wear proper gear. If you have any questions, ask. This forum is full of extremely knowledgeable people who will be more than willing to help.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:23 AM

WELCOME!

Enjoy the forum!

Old 05-03-2012, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
Welcome to the forum. Where are you from?? We have a lot of riders on here from all over the World.

'88 600, huh? Post up some pictures when you get a chance and most importantly, wear proper gear. If you have any questions, ask. This forum is full of extremely knowledgeable people who will be more than willing to help.
Thanks, I'm from Long Island NY. And i sure will once it stops raining so much lol.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Paging - Turbulenz. :-) Another Long Island NY rider.

Kudos for taking the MSF! Every rider should. You'll learn a lot of very beneficial information that will help you be a better & more responsible rider.

Congrats on getting your '88. Give it proper maintenance & it will last you for a long time.

Welcome to the forum. Good to have you w/ us.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon
Welcome to riding motorcycles and the forum.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things to learn how to ride. Keep it up!

Thanks, will do bro.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Paging - Turbulenz. :-) Another Long Island NY rider.

Kudos for taking the MSF! Every rider should. You'll learn a lot of very beneficial information that will help you be a better & more responsible rider.

Congrats on getting your '88. Give it proper maintenance & it will last you for a long time.

Welcome to the forum. Good to have you w/ us.

Thanks, I'll take care of her for sure. Quick question, just throwing it out there ? Is there a cluster or some sort of cluster GAS gauge. My bike does not have one & I know my bike has a fuel reserve & all but I wouldn't mine knowing ahead of time. Or atleast an alternative way of knowing when my gas is low besides the regular "you'll know when it's dieng".

That question is in the air for anyone to answer.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:06 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome! Congrats on your newly owned 600. Just take your time & respects the bike's HP...you'll gradually pick up no doubt. Be safe out there & always gear up.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by estate4life
Welcome! Congrats on your newly owned 600. Just take your time & respects the bike's HP...you'll gradually pick up no doubt. Be safe out there & always gear up.
Cool advice. Will do man.