New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

What a week, Pics to show

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 07:16 PM
oNi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a week, Pics to show

Alright so it's only weds not even halfway through the week this being my 2nd-3rd week of riding and Monday marked my first day of riding in the rain as the forecast for the whole day was partly cloudy but to my suprise, it started raining on my dinner break getting something to eat from my work! The damn weather man said there was a slight chance of rain all the past weekend when no rain came and now they mention no chance of rain..... and it rains!! [:@] These meterologists suck.

Then this morning came, on my way to work, late as it is, I park my bike on the top left corner of my parents 2 car wide driveway at a 45 degree angle to the top left corner, which is on an incline. My dad parks on the right side and my mom parks her car on the left side behind my bike cuz she comes home after i do. Well the past 2 days shes parked her car right close to my bike and yesterday I barely had room to back my bike up past her car and go reverse down the driveway, this morning she was parked right up on my bike so there was no room at all to reverse and squeeze past her car so I have to slowly move the bike up and left, move back a little, slowly up and left, move back, then......... I was sidewalking the bike the whole time of it moving and on the way moving it slowly down, looked back at how much room I had from my moms car and hott damn the bike leaned to right side and got damn tipped over. Gas started pouring out of the side which I didn't see coming and by the time I did it turned a small piece of one of the plastics white already. Bike had a full tank of gas so it was even heavier than usual, got my brother to help me lift it on its side just in case it was too heavy and I ended up dropping it trying to pick it back up.

Damage was ok, a small end piece of the pipe got some rash, a piece of the plastic that was already dull/buffed from being dropped before is where the plastics got hit, but my damn right mirror got scratched and the mirror itself cracked. So I already got a replacement mirror on order. Other than that the bike is fine. Pics from the aftermath:

Nothing major, first drop though, glad it wasn't too bad. I should have just moved my moms car but being my dad is gone in the mornings I usually have room to just reverse straddle walk into his side of the driveway which I didn't have room so I tried reverse sidewalking which was just a bad idea from the position I was in. Yeah so I ordered another mirror, theres that white spot you can see on the middle of the last picture thats there, and I definitely am in the process of getting some frame sliders. So that's been my week so far, nothing too bad but just felt the need to vent about it. [&:] Hope yall's been alright!

Old 08-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Default RE: What a week, Pics to show

hate to see stuff like that, i always cringe my face, but ur right at least it wasnt too major.. good luck with the fix on it.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Retired Administrator

happens to the best of us.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:08 PM

Dude, I feel your pain. Just dropped mine earlier this week tryin' to park it. I'm not exactly proud of that but I'm glad it went down at 7mph instead of 70. Good luck gettin' it fixed. Your mirror looks kinda like mine now!

Old 08-03-2006, 11:44 AM

That sucks....put a sign like this out from now on:

"STOP PARKING SO CLOSE TO MY BIKE PLEASE!"

Old 08-03-2006, 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: pitsvtec

That sucks....put a sign like this out from now on:

"STOP PARKING SO CLOSE TO MY BIKE PLEASE!"
lol... +1

Old 08-03-2006, 12:37 PM

That sucks! Definately need a set of $60 frame sliders to save the panels at least.

I would have let the mom know about parking so closely the first day.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:02 PM
oNi

Thanks all, yeah I'm waiting on the mirror to come in, but I just ordered a set of some $30 frame sliders off of ebay, definitely gonna put them in when they come in. Yeah I told my mom not to park too close so hopefully I'll be good, if not next time I'll know to just move her car b4 I try moving the bike.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:44 PM

If your mom doesnt stop parking close to your baby just start opening the front door, and drive her inside and lay a tarp down in the dining room right by the china cabinet . They'll make sure be carefull not to touch her in fear of knocking her over!

Old 08-04-2006, 01:51 AM

If your mom doesnt stop parking close to your baby just start opening the front door, and drive her inside and lay a tarp down in the dining room right by the china cabinet . They'll make sure be carefull not to touch her in fear of knocking her over!
I LOVE IT, that is something I actually would have done, LOL