New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

What do you know, another newbie...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007 | 02:40 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Default RE: What do you know, another newbie...

[sm=welcomesign.gif]
Hi and welcome to CBRForum.com!
Loks like you'll have your hands full for awhile bringing that bike back to life. Let's see some pics as the bike comes back to life!

Old 02-26-2007 | 08:02 PM

Paint goes on tonight, had to order a throttle sleeve. I called all over KCMO trying to find a throttle sleeve and no on had one. Seriously, the box can't be any bigger than 2"x6", how much space does that take up on a self? Isn't the sleeve the same for alot of years and styles? But I did get it in running order this weekend, went for my first little spin, the exhaust (Two brothers)sounds good, not to loud. Slips into gear good, clutch holds, brakes need a touch of work, some new tire, but it'll get there.

Sorry no pics, waiting for the garage to heat up to painting temp.

Old 03-01-2007 | 12:52 AM

Well, I'm a little further ahead than I was last time. I got home from work w/ the plan of buying a brake light and putting together the body work. Good suprise. It's not a '96 rear body work (see first pic). Well, w/ all said and done (so far), I've come up w/ a couple of questions that I'm needing help with. All the fasterners are missing, this includes all the rubber pieces. Where would you suggest I start looking? Work is busy, I'm trying to get the bike worked on when I get home, and our newborn take up a lot of time. I'm sorry ahead of time if I've asked the typical newbie question, thank for helping one out.

BTW, I'm also looking for a '98 rear seat, cowl, a '96 inner (both left and right) cowls. and the electrical gear for the rear.

Thanks