New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Tc cbr 929

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 05:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tc cbr 929

Wassup 929 life, so i have a 01 CBR 929, i snapped my clutch cable, ordered one but was still riding with out one, now im on my way to pick up the cable , I'm riding the bike dies out on me. The main fuse blew once, second time popped soon as i turned the switch, ok me n my buddy knowing its a wire touching, we shook the wires around, third fues popped , took my trunk off seen a wire from my backlight was touching metal, taped it changed the fues bike fired up.. get to my buddies house to put the Cable one , ok now its on, go to turn the switch fuel pump won't prime, its done this before and it was a wire touching the frame under the fuel pump, just a slight gash. Cut it retwist n taped it and it primed no problem fast forward back to me putting clutch cable on. Fuel pump won't prime so I jumped it and it comes on no problems. Now the bike is completely broke down now, going threw all the wires checking to see if anymore wires could be burnt or cut, which i found the wires to the start button burnt to my radiator but the wasn't touching i removed the burnt part and retaped at this point I'm hearing get a harness so I'm thinking i don't need a harness . So i called a well known bike builder/racer knows motorcycles in and out, he talking me threw the possibilities i buy new battery, i buy both fuel pump relays, still nothing . So now im thinking a wire harness soo i get a knife and cut all the tape off we go threw the whole harness find the wires that run power, all wires are getting power everything is working but still not priming.. all the wires look good but was told they could have a break inside which is true. So i bought a wire harness and still the same problem im kind off bummed out idk wat else to do if anybody can help me please help me and my buddy went threw the bike over n over just not understanding wat the problem is can u please help!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2017, 09:37 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

maybe post in the 929 area of the forum. Should be someone with 929 experience there to help with the problem.

Sorry to hear your hardship but welcome to the forum.